2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Nov 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #77 of 231
Id love to have in CONUS shipping :)
I live in Nashville some Grimey's Record store ill surly find a good present :)

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #81 of 231
Edit: Wait, no. Please don't include me in this years Holiday Exchange. Sorry! D:

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #83 of 231
Yes, there are a couple of genres I cannot get in to...and I fear that will happen. I'm a creature of habit, too. I listen to them same thing over and over...and over. Though this typically applies while I'm going to bed (Enya playlist, anyone?). Of course, I don't use my turntable for that!  But to each his own. I would hate to be one of those people who has to request that the gifter allow me to return an item they graciously sent me because I really didn't like it. But yes, sometimes change is good and can lead to great things. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #85 of 231
I'm jealous. Visited Nashville this year for the first time and I spent pretty much the whole time I was there at Grimey's.

Quote:
Id love to have in CONUS shipping :)
I live in Nashville some Grimey's Record store ill surly find a good present :)

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #87 of 231
Quote:
I am quite suprised at the slow activity in this thread, in the past it took off like a rocket!

in the past, the website was more user friendly as well.  if this wasnt on the title page, I would have missed it completely.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #88 of 231
Well good luck to who ever gets lucky enough to get me :)
My whole gift will come form grimey's

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #89 of 231
Yes, there are a couple of genres I cannot get in to...and I fear that will happen. I'm a creature of habit, too. I listen to them same thing over and over...and over. Though this typically applies while I'm going to bed (Enya playlist, anyone?). Of course, I don't use my turntable for that!  But to each his own. I would hate to be one of those people who has to request that the gifter allow me to return an item they graciously sent me because I really didn't like it. But yes, sometimes change is good and can lead to great things. 
The thing is, the rules of this exchange are all up to the partners. The only real rule stipulated before entering is that you have to be ready to at least buy a new CD to gift, but this exchange is not limited to that.

Usually, after pairing up, you should contact your partner to set down the rules and exchange address information. You can make a list of your favourite artists, or list your favourite genres (or ones you absolutely don't like), or let each person completely surprise the other, or decide to exchange LPs, or decide whatever you agree!

I've been part of this Head-Fi tradition for many years, and I've always left it a surprise I believe. Sure, I like some music that I received better than others, but I have appreciated and listened to them all. It's the spirit of giving that counts and the enjoyment of (hopefully) receiving new music. And of course, you hope that the other person enjoys the music you sent them just as much as you.

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #90 of 231
Quote:
Definitely in! Worldwide is fine with me:) but I'd prefer CONUS because it will be less easily lost haha

Or at least more likely to arrive on time. I did an exchange with someone from Germany once... I think my parcel arrived by February 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back