2012 College Football Thread
Oct 1, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #62 of 210
I'm already getting sick of the Notre Dame hype. I hope Miami somehow pulls off the W this Saturday. That game is at Soldier Field - which holds 20,000 less than Notre Dame Stadium does. Sort of a curious thing to do, given that ND has no problem filling its own stadium. I know they like to pander to their Chicago fans, many of whom are not alumni...but still.

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #63 of 210
Well, my 5-0 Wildcats play in Happy Valley in half an hour. Really big game for us. A win and we are a real factor in the big ten race. A loss and we are back to just jockeying for bowl position. But should be a fun one.

LOTS of good games today. I'm taking the Cocks to "upset" the Dawgs, and the Canes to upset the Irish. I will also take the Buckeyes to beat the Corn.

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #64 of 210
The NW game was great, right up until the end when Penn St took over.

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #65 of 210
Yeah, tough finish for us. We have to get better at closing games. Shouldn't lose a game where we are leading by 11 after 3 quarters. But PSU played very tough football.

MSU was lucky to get by Indiana, that's a surprise. I'm watching Wisco and the Illini now...what a snooze Fest.

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #66 of 210
Arizona/Stanford was a thriller! 54-48 for the Cardinal to cap a great comeback effort in OT.

The Pac-12 is seriously competitive this year. After beating OSU and starting off 3-0, the Wildcats have lost three straight to top-tier Pac-12 opponents for a 3-3 record.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #67 of 210
The Notre Dame vs. Pitt game has been interesting, Pitt almost upset them at home but ND prevailed in the 3rd OT.

And some serious Pac-12 action coming up, rooting for Oregon and UCLA but these games are anybody's guess.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #68 of 210
Wow. 113 points scored in a Rose Bowl whoops Coliseum shootout.

And Alabama vs. LSU just got very interesting, unlike this thread for the past four weeks!
:beerchug:

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #69 of 210
It was a good day of football. A couple of undefeateds almost got knocked off and had to stage late-game rallies to pull out narrow victories.

And my Bruins had a very good day, and are now in full possession of the Pac-12 South. It must have been the new uniforms :D

They still have to get by USC and Stanford, but USC still has to play Notre Dame.

:popcorn:

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #70 of 210
Man did I want Pitt to pull it out. I was flipping back and forth between that and Nebraska's late comeback over Michigan State. I was then out until about ten, came back and saw "The Drive" in the Bama-Bengals game. I really wanted LSU to pull that off. I love chaos in CFB! But it was not to be.

If there is any justice in the world, though, Oregon will jump ND in this weeks rankings.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #71 of 210
i dont know why i dont join this thread sooner every year, but...GO DUCKS!!!!!!!

I agree though skylab, but were already at #2 in both human polls, so were at the whims of the computers at this point, i think we'll pass K State as well by the end, 3 more top 20 opponents, i think we'll be playing 'Bama in the natty this year.

I was actually super happy that Alabama pulled that one out at the end. i dont want to destroy K State or Notre Dame in the National Championship, we need to beat one of the big time SEC schools in that game to get the national recognition that we need. I want to play the best team in the country, and they are it

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #72 of 210
And I was right, your Ducks did indeed pass ND, as they should have.

K-State, on the other hand...they also have played the big boys and won. They deserve their ranking. If they keep winning, I think the Ducks may end up getting stuck with ND in the "wish the 4-team playoff was this year" bowl.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #73 of 210
Quote:
And I was right, your Ducks did indeed pass ND, as they should have.
K-State, on the other hand...they also have played the big boys and won. They deserve their ranking. If they keep winning, I think the Ducks may end up getting stuck with ND in the "wish the 4-team playoff was this year" bowl.

We'll still have Stanford, and Oregon State left, both ranked. not to mention the Championship game either against UCLA or USC, either would be ranked for that game too, i think the championship game is where were gonna pass K State i think

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #74 of 210
It might happen. Very hard to predict., as it depends on how the teams you play keep doing, as well as the teams you have played, and of course same for KState. We shall see!

Oh and there's that little matter of Bama having to play either UGA or UF in the SEC title game...no gimme there...

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #75 of 210
Quote:
It might happen. Very hard to predict., as it depends on how the teams you play keep doing, as well as the teams you have played, and of course same for KState. We shall see!
Oh and there's that little matter of Bama having to play either UGA or UF in the SEC title game...no gimme there...

Thats true, if UGA keeps playing the way they did in that Florida win, i give them a decent shot of beating Bama, but really, i dont see it happening. But theres alot of football left to play, and all i can do is watch my ducks win out :D and see where the chips fall. Id just rather play a SEC team if it were up to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back