2011 International CES show product unveiling
Jan 3, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #16 of 45

Quote:
Quote:
Gaming
Travel
Adidas Originals
Mobile phone music

There will be no successor for HD650 yet. I don't think HD800 is a successor but a higher end headphone than HD650
frown.gif

did the 600 ever kick the bucket? seems redundant to have both the 600 and 650 for sennheiser

no, it's not redundant.  The HD600 and the HD800 were Sennheisers best attempts at the most neutral sound they could muster.  The HD650 and HD850 are about sounding good.

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #17 of 45
Good point about the IE9. That´s something we can hope for. Of course we´re all looking forward to seeing HD 600+ level gear, but looking at the announcement we should get ready for disappointment.

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #18 of 45
Well it will definitely be a HD600+ level gear. Launching a CX300 replacement that sells for 30 dollars is just not exciting enough to warrant this thread.

Quote:
Good point about the IE9. That´s something we can hope for. Of course we´re all looking forward to seeing HD 600+ level gear, but looking at the announcement we should get ready for disappointment.

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #20 of 45
last year sennheiser had some like bright-yellow workout headphones or something at CES.  not audiophile grade stuff.  the hd800 was behind a glass case -______-.  Please dont disappoint again sennheiser!

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #21 of 45
I don't think Audiophiles have ever been Sennheiser's core demographic. They cater to us, but their focus will be (and rightly so) on the average consumer.

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #22 of 45
The audiophile market is indeed very important to us, and we can make that argument for all market segments we serve (recording studio, sports, broadcast, aviation, call center, audiology, touring, etc). It so happens that audiophile is the coolest of all of them (my counterparts in those other divisions would argue for their own case of course lol). Head-Fi is certainly stacked with faithful audiophiles...in addition, audiophiles who travel, game or have hobbies related to music. It is with great excitement that we can use Head-Fi as a platform for communicating exciting news as well as interact with the community. We appreciate the support and look forward to this week :)

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #24 of 45

Quote:
The audiophile market is indeed very important to us, and we can make that argument for all market segments we serve (recording studio, sports, broadcast, aviation, call center, audiology, touring, etc). It so happens that audiophile is the coolest of all of them (my counterparts in those other divisions would argue for their own case of course lol). Head-Fi is certainly stacked with faithful audiophiles...in addition, audiophiles who travel, game or have hobbies related to music. It is with great excitement that we can use Head-Fi as a platform for communicating exciting news as well as interact with the community. We appreciate the support and look forward to this week :)

this felt like "sorry but yeah it's a cx300 with wireless"

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #25 of 45

Quote:

I hope if sennheiser is ever going to make a new top tier IEM it shouldn't have the midbass hump:)

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #28 of 45
Try again :)

Lomas Brown, our guest, is there to talk about travel, tech, football and to draw a nice crowd...CES is loaded with football fans. Lets be honest, the more eyeballs on our booth, the better.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #29 of 45

Quote:
Having a NFL legend to show off products sounds bad for me. It will probably be something like dr.dre beats.

I hate to break it to you but companies like Sennheiser don't only cater to us elitist audiophiles.  We do not make up the majority of their sales.

What's wrong with them trying to bring in new revenue streams?  It's that revenue that allows them to spend more on R&D for us elitist audiophiles.

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #30 of 45

Quote:
Quote:
Having a NFL legend to show off products sounds bad for me. It will probably be something like dr.dre beats.

I hate to break it to you but companies like Sennheiser don't only cater to us elitist audiophiles.  We do not make up the majority of their sales.

What's wrong with them trying to bring in new revenue streams?  It's that revenue that allows them to spend more on R&D for us elitist audiophiles.

iPodPJ, you always knew I liked you!! lol!

Will you be coming to this year's national meet?? it's been too long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back