2011 College Football Thread
Nov 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #406 of 564

Quote:
No talk about this weekend?

Bedlam is not nearly as meaningful as most people around here probably had hoped. I don't know which way to go. I want OU to win but I have doubts that they can. OU historically owns Gundy and OK STate, so I wouldn't be surprised if OU comes out and plays its best game of the season. Yet, I've also watched OU's secondary crumble to good offenses this year. I'm picking the game OU 38/OSU 31 and hoping that I'm not wrong. 

Pac-12 championship talk? Boring, eh? I won't go out of my way to watch it, either. 

Southern Miss and Houston. A former assistant at OU against a former assistant at OK State.  Fitting. 

Anybody like Georgia against LSU? Is the only major repercussion of a Georgia win that some other at-large team gets left out of the BCS?

Big 10 championship. I still like Wisconsin. Badgers have a bunch of weapons and are two close losses from the National Title game. 

Anyone see where SweaterVest has emerged as a candidate for the Akron job? That'd be something. 

Not sure what to think about Bedlam.  Should be a close one.

Oregon big over UCLA.

Houston easily over Southern Miss.

LSU over Georgia

Wisconsin over MSU.

I heard Tressel spoke with the President and AD of Akron.  I hope he gets it, it that's what he wants.  Despite all the haters, his kids loved and respected him and excelled in the classroom, when he was coach.  (I'm sure I'm going to get killed for that statement so here is a source for the academic claim:  http://cfn.scout.com/2/1074494.html  He's also a strong leader in the community, donating his time, influence and money.  No denying he's a great coach on the field.  He'd be great for Akron, assuming he's learned from his mistakes.  With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA steps in and says he can't take the job.  Can't argue with the logic.  If you are found guilty of major violations at one school, you shouldn't be able to hop to the next school any time soon.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #407 of 564
WVU can't get out of the Big East fast enough. If not for them (us), the AQ would have been taken away years ago.

What you're left with is a 7-3 team with a shot at the Orange Bowl while someone like Stanford will likely get shut out of the BCS entirely.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #410 of 564

Quote:
Is WVU going to be in the Big 12 by next season?

WVU is suing the Big East to be able to make the move for next season. The Big East is countersuing to keep them to the 27-month notice. Pitt and Syracuse are eagerly anticipating how this turns out so they can take their not-to-be-missed butts to the ACC.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #411 of 564

Quote:
UCLA got POUNDED. Kind of hard to imagine them in any championship game... although they did beat my Bears.

They certainly did!  OK, I won't rub it in, but I watched the game with a bunch of other Trojans and enjoyed it almost too much.

Though part of me wishes the Bruins had a little more fight in them.  They gave up after being stopped at the goal line in the first quarter.  Prince had the look of terror in his eyes all night.

Also surprised at how badly they handled the Neuheisel termination.  Conflicting reports came out and now they're playing for the championship under a dead man.

If anything, the Ducks will run up the score to prove they're better than 'SC.  It will be a cold, wet and miserable night at Autzen.

I don't know who will coach there.  They seem bent on Peterson, but he turned UCLA down four years ago.  $3M might be on the table, but he turned down $3M from Stanford last year.  I don't know much about Peterson, but my guess is that he would like to pick up a NC at Boise State.  If he went to UCLA, he'd have to rebuild for 4-5 years before he could regularly land BCS bowls and challenge for a NC.  In that time, he'd get stomped by USC a few times and likely have people calling for his head.

I wonder if Donahue could be lured out of retirement.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #412 of 564
Boise's chances for a NC anytime soon will leave town with Kellen Moore, and Peterson may follow. End of an era.

Donahue, those were the days!

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #413 of 564
Bedlam is looking like this week's most compelling game. Vegas is ignoring the rankings and has the teams basically even, giving a filed goal to the home team.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #414 of 564
I am looking forward to the Wisconsin MSU rematch.  I expect a convincing win by the Badgers.  

Heck I will relish this, the final week of regular season CFB.  Man, it seems like this season warped by fast.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #415 of 564
And Washington State will never again play a game televised by ESPN. . .

EdIt: Speaking of ESPN...Craig James! Ranking those Sooners #17! CJ is deadpan at its finest. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #416 of 564

Quote:
And Washington State will never again play a game televised by ESPN. . .

EdIt: Speaking of ESPN...Craig James! Ranking those Sooners #17! CJ is deadpan at its finest. 

I dream of a day when all the conferences have their own networks and ESPiN is out of the picture.  ESPiN has turned into TMZ for men. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #420 of 564

Quote:
I dream of a day when all the conferences have their own networks and ESPiN is out of the picture.  ESPiN has turned into TMZ for men. 

Ain't that the truth. About the only thing ESPN does that I like is baseball coverage. 

Roll Tide, but not for this weekend. LSU gets to risk injury while Saban makes the rounds and the Bama players rest up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back