2011 College Football Thread
Nov 25, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #392 of 564

Quote:
ASU has self destructed.

This is why I've disappeared. Good God, what happened? My guess is all the season ending injuries to the defense in the preseason has finally come to a head. ASU just runs out of gas in the 4th quarter on defense. That still doesn't explain the continued issues with their penalties and constant bonehead personal fouls. Haven't I been asking for Erickson's head for a while now? Can we get Mike Leach in here already? Unfortunately, I think our AD doesn't have the stones to do it, I'll be shocked and elated if they do make the move. Big deal if ESPN and Craig James hate him, if they become a top ranked team and have a high octane offense like at TTU, then ESPN will want to put them on TV to make their mothership dollars. Winning cures all. I'll be at the Cal game, because maybe I'm a true fan, or maybe I'm a masochist, probably a combination of the two. I really hope they can hang on and make that championship game, it would really be a shame to see those guys crash and burn like that.

Who's excited for another field goal extravaganza in the NCG between LSU and Bama? Other than LSU and Bama fans.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #393 of 564
Don't you mean a missed filed goal extravaganza as far as Alabama is concerned? They beat the Tigers in that last game but didn't win because their kicker did them in (again). A rematch is called for IMO.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #395 of 564
I guess that's what we are headed for, huh? Yipes.  I agree that's not very compelling. Bummer.  Got to hand it to LSU, though, that defense is stifling.  When Arkansas went up 14-0 I was sure we were in for another upset.  But it was not to be.

Agree completely that the personal foul call at the end of that Tx -A+M game was lame.  Hate to see that.  Especially at the end of a close game on a questionable call.

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #396 of 564
It was helmet to helmet. I'm not surprised that it was called. That said, if I were a Texas fan and the call hadn't been made, I wouldn't have complained.

Alabama/LSU is one step closer to reality. I don't see Auburn winning tomorrow but stranger things have happened. 

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #397 of 564

Quote:
It was helmet to helmet. I'm not surprised that it was called. That said, if I were a Texas fan and the call hadn't been made, I wouldn't have complained.

Alabama/LSU is one step closer to reality. I don't see Auburn winning tomorrow but stranger things have happened. 

Yeah, there were awful calls made that favored both sides and that one near the end might not have mattered had we not allowed Mini-McCoy his 25 yard scramble the very next play 
redface.gif

But I agree with the announcers here; he definitely look like he was trying to stop himself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSem0cxtS0
Helmet to helmet sucks (I have felt it) but I feel the call should be tempered by the apparent intent of the player and it does not look to me like he was trying to maim the guy. From a couple of angles it looks like he's half tripping over himself trying to get to the sideline. Oh well, it doesn't matter.
Even though we lost we, the 12th Man, certainly made our presence felt
biggrin.gif
. Kyle Field is LOUD, I tell you.

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #398 of 564
UCLA will be representing the South in the Pac-12 championship next week against Oregon but it doesn't look like they will be going in on a roll. Great game for the first eight minutes or so until USC stuffed them at the goal line and drove 99 yards right back at them for a TD lol. USC has had a great season with the exception of the ASU game.

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #400 of 564
The crosstown rivalry isn't what it used to be lately 
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #403 of 564

Quote:
ha!  my wife is a Depauw alum.
So, I've seen the Depauw Tigers play in person.

Hah - nice. I went to Wabash. Last game I went to was probably my sophomore year though - so... 1996? Funnily enough, my little sister's boyfriend was a running back for Depaw (and won one of the Bell games for them in the last few seconds). She is way more invested than I am in how the two schools do - despite not going to either one. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #404 of 564
No talk about this weekend?

Bedlam is not nearly as meaningful as most people around here probably had hoped. I don't know which way to go. I want OU to win but I have doubts that they can. OU historically owns Gundy and OK STate, so I wouldn't be surprised if OU comes out and plays its best game of the season. Yet, I've also watched OU's secondary crumble to good offenses this year. I'm picking the game OU 38/OSU 31 and hoping that I'm not wrong. 

Pac-12 championship talk? Boring, eh? I won't go out of my way to watch it, either. 

Southern Miss and Houston. A former assistant at OU against a former assistant at OK State.  Fitting. 

Anybody like Georgia against LSU? Is the only major repercussion of a Georgia win that some other at-large team gets left out of the BCS?

Big 10 championship. I still like Wisconsin. Badgers have a bunch of weapons and are two close losses from the National Title game. 

Anyone see where SweaterVest has emerged as a candidate for the Akron job? That'd be something. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #405 of 564
Re the Pac-12, it's a shame only one out of the best three teams in that division get to compete in the inaugural championship 
mad.gif

LSU seems like they are head and shoulders better than everyone else, too bad 'Bama has such issues kicking field goals.

Speaking of missed field goals, I'm still pissed about Boise losing to TCU. This should have been Kellen Moore's year. Did you guys see that hail mary pass?

Video: Kellen Moore is so good, his receivers don’t even have to be upright anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back