2011 College Football Thread
Sep 28, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #211 of 564
I'm looking forward to seeing the #8 passing team over the #7 rushing team in a high-scoring affair and the Wolfpack's biggest game of the year.

Crimson by a mile, Wisconsin in a close one, same with the Razorbacks.

USC gets a little dignity back with a Mausoleum blowout, UCLA goes down the tubes for good in Palo Alto.

Tigers over Tech, the other Tigers have a decent shot at getting back into The 25.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #212 of 564
I will go with Wisconsin 42, Nebraska 35.

Then give me SCAR, ARK, FLA, and CLEM. The rest are obvious.

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #213 of 564
floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ASU is a pretty darn good team when they have their heads screwed on straight. 

And I like their schedule; one other reason they were one of my dark horse picks for the title game. My other was Missouri, which already has two losses, one thanks to you know who. So the Devils are my last chance to look smart. We'll see if the Condom win will push them toward big things. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #214 of 564
The Devils loss to the F'ing Illini was painful.

Oct 1, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #215 of 564
The Devils loss to the F'ing Illini was painful.
I take it that f'ing isn't short for fighting.
Sorry about the defeat.

As for my tigers... That was one of the ugliest games i have seen in a while. But i will take the w.

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #216 of 564
Yes, a very tough loss to swallow today for my Cats. No excuse in blowing an 18 point lead. Bad coaching. I watched the end of the Scar - Aub game - nice comeback win for the Tigers.

I hope people are starting to realize Wisconsin is for real. I think Nebraska is. The Badgers are a complete football team, playing at a very high level.

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #217 of 564
Wow, I'm really impressed with Boise's run defense, holding the Wolfpack to 59 yards when they averaged 285 coming in and dropped 269 on them last year in Boise's only loss.

And Matt Barkley, with 468 passing yards and 4 TDs through the air in an unexpected shootout. USC's defense is another story though.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #218 of 564
OK, of the current USA Today top 5, who does everyone think will lose first?

1 Oklahoma (27) 4-0 1421
2 LSU (21) 5-0 1410
3 Alabama (10) 5-0 1408
4 Stanford 4-0 1237
5 Wisconsin (1) 5-0 1236

Alabama and LSU play, so one of them loses. I'm saying it's Bama. But while I think that the winner of that game, and all the others have a very strong chance of winning out, I think Stanford and Wisco have the best chance of doing so.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #219 of 564
ESPN has a very different ranking order:

1  LSU (40)
2  Alabama (12)
3  Oklahoma (7)
4  Wisconsin
5  Boise State (1)
6  Oklahoma State
7  Stanford
8 Clemson
9 Oregon
10 Arkansas

I can see the Cardinal losing to Oregon the week after the Tide takes out the Tigers(!). The Ducks do have to take care of business against Cal this Thursday though, they won't take them so lightly this year, and then of course the Devils will be a good challenge. Boise has a pretty cush schedule except when they play Wisconsin on the 19th, that should be a real barn-burner.

So I can see LSU, then Stanford, then Wisconsin notching a loss in that order, looks like we are picking different horses then.

edit: Man I hate this text editor...

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #220 of 564
Heh Skylab just keep picking Bama to lose. Eventually you're bound to be right! And yes Wisconsin looks real. I saw the highlights on Sportscenter. I'm almost one hundred percent certain they exist. Now do they inhabit the same plan as Alabama and LSU? To me, those two have separated themselves from the field for now. There is still plenty of season left though. CF history is riddled with October would be champs turned December disappointments. 

Hmmmmm.....I'll say OU. They're good for a stinker or two every year. KSU has some fans nervous for good reason. The Cats are playing D this year,  plus A&M is the following week - classic trap game, although should the Snyder's beat Missouri this week, maybe it won't be. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #221 of 564
The December showdown...wouldn't it be great if both Okie teams were undefeated going in?

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #222 of 564
Yeah you would almost think I had a problem with Bama wouldn't you? But not so. I like the Tide, have since the early 80's when I dated a girl from Tuscaloosa my senior year in high school. I lived in Tennessee but was really a 'Dores fan not a Vols guy.

I don't know why I'm not sold on Bama this year. I guess after their punishing the crocodiles I should be. But the LSU - Tide game will be super epic. So will the OK-OKST game, although I agree with you, KState looks like they may have a pretty good squad again, Synder having perhaps rescued them from the Prince fiasco.

Are Stanford and Wisco on the same plane as OK, Bama, and LSU? Who knows. I haven't seen a single Stanford game. But I think Wisco is. Massive o-Line, talented skill position p layers, and an experience leader at QB. The latter matters a LOT in CFB, in my experience. I don't see that at Bama and LSU.

But I know, defense wins championships. And those two SEC schools seem to play pretty darned good D.

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #223 of 564
I don't see LSU beating 'Bama.  No way.
Especially now that Jordan Jefferson is back.  You'd think that would be a positive.  But, I see it as just more confusion.
As if Les Miles' offense isn't already a big cluster foxtrot.
I just don't see the Bayou Bengals scoring very much on the Tide.

And, while LSU's D is pretty good (they are fast, and tackle well in space), I just don't see them stopping Trent Richardson on the A-B gap running.  No way.

As much as I hate to admit it, 'Bama is just better than the rest of us this year.

If I weren't attending this year's Iron Bowl, I think I might crawl into a cave instead.  hahahaha

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #224 of 564
Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah you would almost think I had a problem with Bama wouldn't you?

Just giving you a hard time. I couldn't care less is Alabama lost. Well let's correct that. I would care more if they never lost. Should that happen, Bama fans will become even worse citing the school's 165 National Championships; approx. 160 which were granted by the Sycamore Express News pre-1970.

For the record, I never said OU was at the same level as Bamar or LSU and don't believe so.

Pick time - the state of the bandwagon edition:

Of course I'm on God's team over Fexas - where are all the bandwagon Longhorn fans anyway? Betcha this thread will have to swat them away should the yellow teeth's pull off an upset. They show up after big wins and disappear after losses.

Mark me down for Arky - I imagine the Auby bandwagon is still fairly full. They've had a couple of good recruiting classes. The trailer joes are already anticipating next year. Are there Razorback bandwagon fans? Well maybe when Lou Holtz was the Hawg coach.

Check one for Mizzou - the fighting Snyders gain their first L. KSU probably hasn't had a bandwagon fan since circa 2001, when fierce players like Michael Bishop lit up the gridiron. I've been to the Manhattan, Kansas btw. Blink and you'll miss it. One can't even hop a plane within two hours of the place. 

The Texas A&M Aggies will lose to Tech to make it three straight - as if the bandwagon is capable of losing anymore. At least next year they can resort to bragging about their conference.

The Lesters will keep rolling - never in the history of CF has a bandwagon accumulated then dissipated as quickly as Florida's has this season. The safe bet would be that not many jorts will make the trip to Death Valley. They'll stay home to watch Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin highlights. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back