2010's dissapointments in music
Sep 24, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #16 of 38
truly awful, i had an idea to make music the other day and i was like why dont i use some movie samples, throw a few effects on them, and choose epic ones like the lord of the rings helms deep speech then throw in some generic beats from the god awful genre of gabber or post rock orchestras just to show how cheesy its become, then listened to this album the day after. appears they beat me to it? it sounded like they really couldhave done something with it though, i know theyre really not the most talented out there, and didnt learn electronic stuff first so its cool that theyre not up there with the great electronic producers, but it just felt like something was missing, haha maybe that was done on purpose for artistic effect? 
Quote:
A Thousand Suns.  how horrible.

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #18 of 38
Kaskade - "Dynasty"   i was utterly crushed by this album. it was SO uninspired i had to stop listening to it and pick it back up later. i still think about the disappointment like every other day...sigh

O and does anyone remember Xiu Xiu - "Dear God, I Hate Myself"? really hyped up, and really boring. that was a disappointment too.

But overall, I'd say 2010 has been a pretty good year though.

Oct 24, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #19 of 38
2010 has indeed been a good year for music.  I wouldnt exactly give it a two thumbs down, but im a bit disappointed with the new Gorillaz album (plastic beach) especially after how good of an albumm demon days was

Oct 26, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #22 of 38
Quote:
2010 has indeed been a good year for music.  I wouldnt exactly give it a two thumbs down, but im a bit disappointed with the new Gorillaz album (plastic beach) especially after how good of an albumm demon days was

I'll have to add "Plastic Beach" to my list. A definite disappointment for me. I am also really underwhelmed with the soundtrack to "The Social Network" by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross...

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #24 of 38
Jonsí's Go for me, I'm an evid fan of his voice but the whole album lacks good instrumentals. It sounds like a sigur ros homeopathic medicin to me. Immersion was really horrible but not a disappointement because I lost interest in Pendulum after listening to In Silico

Oct 30, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #25 of 38
ive got a couple disappointments for 2010

Vagabonds by The Classic Crime
Asylum by Disturbed
Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold (which has grown a bit on me with more listens, but still not what i was hoping for)
...For We Are Many by All That Remains (they just keep getting more mainstream with each release and will never top The Fall of Ideals)

i also have found quite a few great releases this year though, definitely outweighing the bad

Oct 30, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #26 of 38
My expectations for music this year weren't really high, so I can't consider myself to be disappointed.  My favorite album so far this year was The Bird and the Bee's "Interpreting the Masters, Vol. 1: A tribute to Hall and Oates." 

Oct 31, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #28 of 38
Weezer's newest album "Hurley" was an enormous let down. Actually their past three albums have been..... There's actually an online petition to stop them from releasing another album, so they can have some dignity.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #29 of 38

Quote:
Weezer's newest album "Hurley" was an enormous let down. Actually their past three albums have been..... There's actually an online petition to stop them from releasing another album, so they can have some dignity.

But they're releasing more and more!  Death to False Metal just came out, I mean is about to come out.  
biggrin.gif

It's more of the same...

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #30 of 38
Makes me sad. I'm going to see them play the Blue album and Greatest hits in SF. In november. I'm looking forward to hearing some great music from them, rather than the stuff they've been putting out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back