2010 Winter Olympics - do you care?
Feb 13, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #46 of 103
Terrible event before the events started. That definitely has an impact on the olympics with questions being raised about safety. Hopefully no other incidents occur. However, back to the question, I can't wait for hockey to begin!

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #48 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadhead12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I care about is the hockey. I really don't care if America does well and I actually think I would like a Canada v Russia final. The Sid v Ovie matchup is fun.

Same here, can't wait to see Sid v Ovi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Should be more fun than the last two IIHF Russia vs Canada.

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #52 of 103
I'll surely watch some events, but won't definitely stay up late at night to see something live...

The event i'm really looking forward to is the upcoming FIFA world cup.

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #53 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The event i'm really looking forward to is the upcoming FIFA world cup.

Me too! Maybe the USA will actually show up to the World Cup this year....

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #54 of 103
I care for sure, though mostly about the biathlon and the cross-country, I expect Norway to pick up 6-7 golds, and while I will watch alot of the events and cheer for my fellow country men (and women) then I cheer the most for Bjørndalen (Biathlon) and Bjørgen (Cross-country) If we only get two golds then I hope they will take one each.

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #55 of 103
No offence to anyone who loves the Winter Olympics, but I couldn't care less. I would rather watch the X-Games.

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #56 of 103
I have never been a fan of the Olympics, i love my country but i am a believer in globalization not nationalism. I believe that nationalism is what holds the world back as far as economics, communication, trade, ect. But that is a discussion for another thread i think haha.

I will however watch Canada win gold in mens and womens hockey.

Feb 13, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #57 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingInABlueDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would rather watch the X-Games.

*Gags self with finger* The X-Games are just a bunch of half-wit hicks that got good at riding their motorcycles off of dirt mounds and a bunch of other idiotic pastimes.

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #59 of 103
It was a mixed day for me. On one hand, my newly adopted country Canada medaled only once. On the positive side, the evil empire of Norway was shut out.

Tomorrow I'm going to pull for the Dutch and cheer against Russia.

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #60 of 103
Geez, a lot of apathetic folks around here. I take it not many people here do any skiing or snowboarding, or at least enjoy snow. I'm a skier myself and always look forward to the Winter Olympics because watching the skill of professionals is always amazing and inspiring. I especially like the alpine events.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back