2010 Montreal FSI [Head-fi] Meet
Mar 26, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #108 of 129
Hello,

I've just picked up on this thread. I always have a very busy schedule but I'm free today, tomorow and Sunday.

I can bring everything that's in my sig but I need a lift to get there and come back.
I live right in front of metro Laurier on the Plateau near the corner Saint-Denis/Saint-Joseph.
Please message me or email me if you are interested.

This is your chance to try out the hiFace or great Audio-GD gear like the very well liked Phoenix and Reference One DAC.
atsmile.gif
beerchug.gif

Also I can bring a whole buch of interconnects like the Oyaide DB-510.

Also I'm available to help setup things or do some little PR.

Matt

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #109 of 129
Did we have a recap of when headfiers will be present ? I do have a couple of last minute constraints on saturday and sunday so I'd like to know where to put my effort on in order to squeeze my agenda
smily_headphones1.gif
saturday or sunday ?
I'll pass by this evening but my main goal will be to hang around the different rooms.

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #110 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by cloneman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would I be able to try my DT-770s on a few amps? Or are we not allowed to bring stuff inside?

Papomaster would probably be more in the know, but when I asked him about the possibility of bringing my stuff without registering, here was his answer:

"I don't think they'll throw you out if you don't have your badge, but I'm not sure about bringing stuff. Michel Plante told me they made the entrance-exit much more difficult for thieves to go through, meaning they might not let you come with your stuff."

Since I'm coming by bus from Ottawa and for other non-interesting personal reasons, I decided to let my stuff home when I learned Planet of Sound brought their T1 and Fulcrum Audio brought their HE-5. Wish I could bring my HeAudio Jade, but too complicated for this kind of meet.

I'm looking forwarding to meeting you guys and trying a couple of things (hello balanced HD800, JH13, Grado HP2, AKG701 and AD2000!)

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #111 of 129
I'm going for a visit at the show.
People interested in giving me a lift let me know.

Peace!

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #112 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by shotmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Papomaster would probably be more in the know, but when I asked him about the possibility of bringing my stuff without registering, here was his answer:

"I don't think they'll throw you out if you don't have your badge, but I'm not sure about bringing stuff. Michel Plante told me they made the entrance-exit much more difficult for thieves to go through, meaning they might not let you come with your stuff."

Since I'm coming by bus from Ottawa and for other non-interesting personal reasons, I decided to let my stuff home when I learned Planet of Sound brought their T1 and Fulcrum Audio brought their HE-5. Wish I could bring my HeAudio Jade, but too complicated for this kind of meet.

I'm looking forwarding to meeting you guys and trying a couple of things (hello balanced HD800, JH13, Grado HP2, AKG701 and AD2000!)

I just come back from thew show (quick visit on my lunch time) and I can say there is no need to bring your DT-770 since we are located right beside beyerdynamics (who has a T1 on lehmann amp)
smily_headphones1.gif

Sennheiser is indeed really badly located... right on the pathway !

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #113 of 129
I just came back from the show and I got to listen to the T1 and HD800 and I was blown away by the sound!
eek.gif

The HD650 and K702 can go away forever and never come back!

On another note, no one has offered to give me a lift so I guess I'll ask Philippe aka Papomaster to give me a lift saturday and Sunday.

This is what I'll bring:

Source & Amp

- M2TECH hiFace USB to S/PDIF converter w/ BNC plug
- Audio-GD Reference One DAC
- Audio-GD Phoenix

Cables

- Oyaide DB-510 digital coaxial interconnect with BNC plugs (0.7m)
- Canare digital coaxial interconnect with BNC plugs (1m)
- BJC TOSlink with Mitsubishi ESKA POF (15Ft)
- BJC Belden 1694A digital coaxial interconnect with RCA plugs (15Ft)
- BJC LC-1 Analog interconnects (2Ft) (2x)
- Audio-GD Exclusive Power cable (1.5m)
- Audio-GD Shark ACSS
- DHC Nucleotide analog interconnects (1.5Ft)
- DHC Nucleotide mini to RCA analog interconnect

Headphones

- Sennheiser HD650 (new version) balanced with 4 pin DHC Nucleotide cable

I don't have a laptop so if someone could bring one in order to try out the hiface that would be pretty cool.
Apparently the Wi-Fi Internet connection is not very good at the event so here are the drivers for the hiFace to download in advance: M2Tech
Also, hiFace works best on Foobar2000 in Kernel Streaming mode.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Matt.

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #114 of 129
Hey guys!

Long, long day... But oh so nice. For people who think about trying ONE specific setup at the meet, rest assured, we tried EVERY combination at least 5 times today... Swapping gear is really easy and the fulcrum audio guys didn't mind us using either of their amps. I gotta say the burson sounded lovely driving both the k701 and ad2000. The He-5 was good, but I'd need a longer impression to have a better opinion on it.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow and sunday!

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #115 of 129
I'll be driving up from Vermont this morning, and I should be at the show around 10 am. I plan to drop off my RSA P-51 in the room in case anyone wants to listen to it, and then I'll wander around a bit. I'll be at the show all day, and I'll also have my Creek OBH-11 (and ATH-M50s) in case anyone is interested in either of those.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Jon

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #116 of 129
Guys, if you're going to try the JH13 at the meet today, here's the good procedure for inserting them to get optimal sound.

Quote:

The trick of getting them in right is to push the foamie all the way onto the stem and then squish it back so that you can see the end of the stem again. Put it in your ear and let the foamie expand. If you leave the foamie down on the end of the stem like with normal universal IEMs, you will not get a true sense of the sound. The foamie needs to be back from the tip.

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #117 of 129
If someone could bring a camera that would be pretty cool. We could post pictures of our stand and gear on the forum.

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #118 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by papomaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO ATTEND AS AN EXPOSANT HAS TO REGISTER ON THE SSI WEBSITE! IF YOU DO NOT REGISTER BEFORE MARCH 21ST, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY A 8$ EXTRA FEE.

Link ?!

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #119 of 129
Hi Everyone,

I had a great time at the show, thanks for welcoming a Yankee into your group. It was fun to meet some (most?) of you, and I look forward to doing it again.

I hope you'll swing by for a visit if you're driving down I-89 through Vermont. We live five minutes off the freeway. Otherwise, I'll plan on seeing you again at Can Jam.

Jon

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #120 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, if you're going to try the JH13 at the meet today, here's the good procedure for inserting them to get optimal sound. Taken from another forbidden forum:

I tried it ... very complicated to insert and my ears tend to expulse it.

BTW, sound is forming in middle of my head instead be "out my head" ... and that turning me out completely ... I stick with full size headphone. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back