2010 Montreal FSI [Head-fi] Meet
Mar 24, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #91 of 129
Beta22 death match? I want a nice fair fight!
k701smile.gif

Any way, we'll have enough stuff that the two amps won't be too badly missed: I greatly look forward to the week-end!

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #92 of 129
J'étais en train de penser, s'il y a quelqu'un qui va être là les 3 jours et qui veux prendre mon stock en charge le vendredi et samedi, il ne devrait pas y avoir de problème. Par contre, il faudra venir chercher les trucs chez moi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presently42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beta22 death match? I want a nice fair fight!
k701smile.gif

Any way, we'll have enough stuff that the two amps won't be too badly missed: I greatly look forward to the week-end!

I would have loved to hear the Beta 22, but I guess it's better not to rush anything when it comes to electronics. Mistakes can be pricey!

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #93 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have loved to hear the Beta 22, but I guess it's better not to rush anything when it comes to electronics. Mistakes can be pricey!

Indeed: the reason the Beta22 isn't working now is that I rushed it. I finished it long ago and was happily listening to it for months --- with out a case. Well, that was just asking for trouble, and trouble eventually found me. Bad David! Now I have many parts to replace.

Speaking of times, I will not be able to be there all the time every day: I have a student I will be tutoring on Friday from 16h00 to 17h00 (add in an hour or so of travel); Saturday I have a choir rehearsal which I can not miss (from 17h00 to 19h00: I'll have to leave at 16h30). Sunday's engagement is after the show closes, so I should have no problems there. If I must, I can reschedule Friday's appointment, but only if no one else will be there during this time.

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #94 of 129
No problem, as I will be there, and the fulcrum audio guy(s) should be there as well.

I spent about 2 hours packing stuff yesterday (I couldn't resist making some room modifications in my speaker setup...), but I haven't found my cartridge's stylus protector yet, so the TT is still unpacked.

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #95 of 129
By the way, if someone can bring a small TV (like a 13" LCD) so we can use the denon 5900 to play movies as well. The one I used previously died a couple of months ago. People underestimate headphones to produce deep bass in movies.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #97 of 129
I'm listening to the JH13 demo right now. Doesn't sound as smooth as the real thing, but it gives the general idea, I think you guys will like it. JH Audio provided about 40 pairs of foam tips, it should be enough for everyone I guess.

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #100 of 129
I went to the Hilton today to set up the room, and here are some good and bad news:

biggrin.gif
) We do have the room (I couldn't reach Michel Plante for the last week so I was a bit worried).

angry_face.gif
) We are not alone: planet of sound distribution has a table in the room.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
) Good news, they only use headphones, and they have a pair of Beyer T1s!!!!

biggrin.gif
) Right beside us is the sennheiser booth, and they have a pair of balanced Hd800s.

biggrin.gif
angry_face.gif
) The room is slightly noisy from audiobasics near us, but it is not too bad as some rooms are right in the open (the sennheiser booth is at an hoooooooorrible location, right beside the electric stairs).

biggrin.gif
) I set up my stuff and everything works fine.

angry_face.gif
) My twinhead sounds brighter than I recall, but it should work wonders with warmer phones, especially high-Z ones.

biggrin.gif
) We have more than enough sources and amps to serve everyone this weekend: sources [xindak cdp, denon 5900, raysonic, cambridge 89 for budget setups if you want to try it, music hall mmf-5, hifiman hd-801] and amps [burson 160, head-direct ef5, asl hb1, asl twinhead]

angry_face.gif
) We might be missing some cables, especially interconnects. Bring everything you have!

See you during the weekend guys!

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #102 of 129
Les JH13 seront là samedi finalement, je viens de parler à Philippe au téléphone et c'est lui qui va s'en occuper!

C'est assez difficile d'obtenir un bon fit avec foams fournis, mais le son n'est pas trop loin de la version custom une fois qu'un bon fit est atteint. Ce n'est pas tout à fait pareil, mais ça donne quand même une bonne impression sans avoir à débourser 1100$.

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #103 of 129
If you want to leave the JH-13s with someone I can watch over them for the Saturday. My plans are to be bringing portable sources, 5.5 and 7.0 gen IPODS, and portable amps with SCAG and Qables lods. My son and I were there last year with somewhat the same setup. The 7.0 gen and the SCAG cables are new.

Grado sr225
Senn 590 with upgraded cable
UE SF 5 PRO and TF10 (for display purpose)
RCA cables from EMM labs (if anyone wants to try them I will bring them)
Qable lod
Whiplash audio SCAG lod

See you all Saturday

PS I will need details to tell people about the JH13s

B

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #104 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeboy999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to leave the JH-13s with someone I can watch over them for the Saturday.

Sorry, I forgot that not everyone in this thread speaks French!
tongue.gif

I wrote in the post just before yours that Philippe (papomaster) will take care of the JH13 on Saturday. You can alternate the surveillance if you want, as long as they stay safe. I don't want ANY problems, JH Audio have my credit card number and I don't want to give them the occasion to use it.

Looking forward to meet you guys on Sunday!

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #105 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by papomaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[...] and amps [burson 160, head-direct ef5, asl hb1, asl twinhead]

[...]
See you during the weekend guys!

Can I shotgun the EF-5 as I won't have my SOHA II in time for the meet ?!

This way we'll get to try one of my CBS 7318 tubes anyway with the HP2 !

regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back