2010 model SACD player from Sony. BDP-S370. "Bargain of the century!" -- Hi-Fi World Magazine
Jan 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #106 of 116
My s370 doesn't show up track name / details when playing SACD. Just track number is shown up in the player as well as in the tv. Is it normal ? 

May 1, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #108 of 116
Okay so after some month my 370 predictable stopped playing discs. First symptom was playing a dvd movie the image quality appeared to get extreme low res. Played some bluray concert after that that appeared to be fine. But in the end of the play it froze in the menu with no sound.

After that no disc no matter what I put into it. Have sporadically managed to get it to detect some disc but only temporary. Similar to the way my PS 3 bluray drive died. I have warranty and will use it but otherwise what do you have to pay for a bluray player that would be able to use for several years without issues? SACD support means there aren´t many options. Denon, Sony, Oppo.

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #111 of 116
kiteki bluray players not receivers. My Yamaha do support DSD so home free on that part.

Got back my 370 now hope for better luck this time.

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #113 of 116
Too bad it doesn't play DVD-A.  

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #115 of 116
Over on AVS, OPPO seems to be the universal player flavor of the month . . . and I am liking mine. That said, I'm splitting my purchases between digital downloads (e.g. HDtracks) and SACD/Blu-ray. The problem for me is that surround sound recordings are not headphone friendly, and there have been some disappointments with above CD quality recordings. Which is really getting off topic . . .

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #116 of 116
What do you guys think the best cheap headphone amp is for 2-ch SACD playback?  Is a simplistic amp with only RCA in and headphone out good enough, or is some kind of a DAC/Amp combo required to fully utilize the SACD signal?  For example The Matrix Cube functions as a 24/192 DAC with optical, coax etc. and costs around $300, my question is is something like that ideal in the case of SACD, or would the money be better spent on a higher grade 'basic' headphone amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back