2010 Fall NY meet?
Sep 19, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #31 of 54

Quote:
i never went to a meet before.  all i have to offer is some custom hd-555 with dual entry cable and soundstage mod.  not really worth bringing.  have a stock ad700 which almost everyone has probably heard too.  but does anyone have a bottlehead crack amp hooked up to a pair of stock hd600's that i could listen to?  where at in new york?

I wouldnt mind hearing those 555s, actually - ive never heard them modded

Sep 19, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #32 of 54
well they will sound awesome once they are burned in.  i just bought them brand new like a week ago and did all these mods.  once they are burned in they will sound great.  i will even sell them for 100 cash to someone since i have the ad700 and dont really need 2 pairs.  would like them to go to someone who will appreciate the mods.  have all original stuff with them too.

Sep 19, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #33 of 54
hmm, 3 hours away.  if i find a friend to come with i'd be up for it.  but honestly no one appreciates headphones like i do so i doubt i will make it.  all i want to do is hear the hd600 or hd650's hooked up to a bottlehead crack amp or a good amp.

Sep 19, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #34 of 54
It has been quite some time since the HD650 have not made an appearance at an NYC area meet. Even the infamous "portable meet" of several years ago saw the HD650 present when the crew took a walk to the apple store where they found the HD650 for sale. 

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #36 of 54
This seems like the right place to ask..anyone know any place in the NY area where they have a good selection of phones you can go in & demo?  I'm basically trying to make my first purchase of cans and I don't want to go wrong between the SRH 840 & ATH M50s.  Closed 'cause I take the subways & buses everyday in the city.  Found a Guitar Center by my way that stocks both but they only let me open up the box of M50s.  Plus, I'm concerned I'm not getting an accurate SQ impression 'cause they weren't burned in yet.  

Maybe the two of 'em will be at this meet?

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #37 of 54

This seems like the right place to ask..anyone know any place in the NY area where they have a good selection of phones you can go in & demo?  I'm basically trying to make my first purchase of cans and I don't want to go wrong between the SRH 840 & ATH M50s.  Closed 'cause I take the subways & buses everyday in the city.  Found a Guitar Center by my way that stocks both but they only let me open up the box of M50s.  Plus, I'm concerned I'm not getting an accurate SQ impression 'cause they weren't burned in yet.  

I think there's a good selection of headphones at the B&H store (www.bhphotovideo.com) in NYC.

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #39 of 54
@ Uncle Erik

I'll check out B&H, don't know why I didn't think of that!  Thanks.

@jschristian44

They probably will be but I'd like to compare side by side with the 840s.  Hopefully someone that has them will speak up.

Sep 19, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #41 of 54

Quote:
also, i want to make a correction to my earlier post.  i really want to test this setup out:

HD650's or HD600's with a Schiit Asgrad or Valhalla amplifier.

the cans are plentiful at these meets - and I know at the very least Ethan has an asgard, and will no doubt bring it if you ask him nicely
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #44 of 54
I'm not sure why so many people in this thread are assuming that a meet is going to happen, considering my post #1 was a question to the usual meet organizers in NY.
blink.gif
I for one hope that there'll be a meet but I wouldn't say it's a given at this point in time especially when nothing has been posted by a potential meet organizer.

Quote:
El_Doug said:

We need to get vcoheda to show up!  Havent seen him in over a year

I haven't seen Dave in 3 years.
tongue.gif

Quote:

In addition to the B&H suggestion, there are also two AudioCubes stores in NYC (see audiocubes.com). AudioCubes sells mostly Audio-Technica headphones.

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #45 of 54

Quote:

Check and see if J&R stocks these two, they have a pretty nice set up of cans in one of their stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back