2009 College Football Thread
Jan 10, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #1,051 of 1,108
If Mccoy wasn't injured they could have stayed aggressive with the play calling and not given the bama D a chance to settle into the game. It's hard to say but Texas definitely had a chance of winning even with Gilbert at the helm, so one can only speculate how Texas would be doing without all those series spent trying to get Gilbert to settle down and acclimate himself. All I know is Gilbert is going be great for us for years to come. Showed a lot of moxy after barely playing a quarter all season. talk about baptism by fire.

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #1,052 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps that means this season was the beginning of a downswing for USC.

It is hard to imagine otherwise, even harder when one considers the hammer looming just beyond the horizon. They' probably won't be down for long however. It's too good of a situation.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #1,053 of 1,108
Yeah - I agree it's not likely to stay down for too long. But I would expect to see the Ducks back in the Rose Bowl next year.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #1,054 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SO Carroll is back to the NFL. Perhaps that means this season was the beginning of a downswing for USC.

Hallelujah. I must be the only Seattle resident who doesn't care about the Seahawks, but as a Big 10 grad I can safely say that I'm sick of USC's crap. Hopefully their program collapses and the Big10 goes back to dominating the Rose Bowl.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #1,055 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hallelujah. I must be the only Seattle resident who doesn't care about the Seahawks, but as a Big 10 grad I can safely say that I'm sick of USC's crap. Hopefully their program collapses and the Big10 goes back to dominating the Rose Bowl.

Amazed that Carroll left. The PAC-10 is on a freight train back to Irrelevance, USA.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #1,056 of 1,108
I don't know, it seems to me like there is a pretty good group of coaches that are still ascending in that conference. If they all stick and USC makes a good hire, I think it can still be a solid conference.

Of course, if USC gets the hammer it's going to tough to make a good hire.

Jan 17, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #1,057 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems like the Coach Urban Meyer drama somehow helped their recruiting class.

Heh, I figured it out. I couldn't resist posting this. Regarding Sharrif Floyd's sudden switch from OSU to Florida at Gainesville.

Quote:

“Sharrif was really confused and put a call into Coach Meyer. When they spoke Coach Meyer told him that he had a ‘dream’ the night before, and that Coach Meyer saw himself on the sideline coaching Sharrif. Told him that is was a "message from God that I should come back and coach, as I guess if it’s my time to die, I'd rather die on the sidelines coaching you than anywhere else in the world.

"Sharrif talked to us the next day and said Ohio State is great and all, but Coach Meyer said he would DIE for me. That's pretty intense. From that day on Sharrif mainly kept to himself. But that was the turning point in my eyes."

GamecockCentral.com Blog - Scott Hood

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #1,059 of 1,108
So Coach Urban Meyer is going to coach spring practice. Which means he will literally miss zero time. Sweet retirement dude.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #1,060 of 1,108
NU's Mike Kafka played pretty well in the East-West Shrine game yesterday. Threw for 150yds, and tossed the game-winning TD pass with :06 left. I hope that helps improve his draft stock.

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #1,061 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Coach Urban Meyer is going to coach spring practice. Which means he will literally miss zero time. Sweet retirement dude.
rolleyes.gif

Either he or his wife is not that worried about him collapsing on the sideline....which is freaking scary, considering the stress and medical scares he had last year. Wow.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #1,063 of 1,108
I will be for sure. Last gasp of CFB for the year. And NU D-Lineman Corey Wooten is playing
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #1,065 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mainly want to see how bad Tim Tebow plays, but it should be a fun game regardless

Heh, might get what you're looking for. Are you thinking they'll stick to pro style playcalling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back