Bowl season begins today:
Fresno St vs Wyoming
Rutgers vs UCF

Saw some of the AA championship games last night:
Villanova vs Montana

Also we have Saturday night NFL game with Dallas vs Saints

Sky
Get the media center fired up..........

I watched the FCS title game Friday - good game! I thought it was interesting that Montana's O-Line was 300+ average - it's not surprising that the top FCS schools can compete with the mid-tier FBS schools.

And I also watched the New Mexico Bowl - very surprised at how well Wyoming played - that was an impressive win for them.

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #873 of 1,108
Time to wake up..........

The hunt for next Gators coach is underway, shame Urban Meyer has to step down in his prime, tremendous record as a coach......seemed like a great guy to play for and was a good spokesman for university

Almost any name is on the table for this elite position, who do you think is on the short list?

(mysterious 2 million raise recently for coach Mack of Texas probably takes him out of the picture)

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #875 of 1,108
Good question - that was kind of a shocker yesterday, in the midst of watching some nice bowl games yesterday. Not even sure who they might tap at this point. Maybe they could make another run at Gary Patterson? Or June Jones at SMU?

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #877 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you're the Gator fan. Tell us what names have been hot on the homer boards.

Realizing the crisis has passed...for now...but if they tab Mullen, it'll be with every living & breathing MSU fan hanging off his legs crying and whining the whole way.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #878 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Realizing the crisis has passed...for now...but if they tab Mullen, it'll be with every living & breathing MSU fan hanging off his legs crying and whining the whole way.

IMO he would be their top pick. They know what he can do and he would fall right into the scheme of things. I don't think Urban is going anywhere though.

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #879 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats Skylab on your Wildcats making the NCAA mens BB top 25.

Thanks man - I sure hope this is the year we finally make the big dance
biggrin.gif

What's the deal with Mike Leach - is he really in trouble? Suspending him from coaching the bowl is kind of a big deal...

Dec 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #880 of 1,108
Mike Leach is in a time warp where old school mean mo fo coaching meats 21st century sensitivities. When I was playing football in the seventies, the coaches did way worse things than that and the parents were right behind them. When I was puking and about to pass out, I asked the coach for a rest. His response was to scream at me that I was a mullet and make me do head butt drills against the biggest guy on the team. That's where you line up 10 yards apart and run at full speed towards one another and try to billy goat the other guy backwards. I'm sure my old healed up spinal injuries that were found later by my neurosurgeon had something to do with those drills. Winning one of those drills is how I earned my spot as the monster man on the 52 monster defense. Leach was raised during those times and missed his sensitivity training.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #881 of 1,108
Yep, that all sounds about right to me. I am sure that he probably did shut the kid in a closet.

That said, I'm not sure I would have chosen to do that to the son of an ESPN Broadcaster...

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #883 of 1,108
I agree with that - some program trying to pull itself up would snap him up in a heartbeat.

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #884 of 1,108
I suspect Leach and TT will part ways. Seems like there is probably still bad blood with the contract negotiations and him speaking to Washington without letting the TT AD know. If it was me, I wouldn't be able to let go of them not giving me the benefit of the doubt and suspending me for the bowl game. That would be a tough pill to swallow. However, in light of the Mangino fiasco, TT probably didn't have much choice given the allegations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back