2009 College Football Thread
Dec 29, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #886 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miami and Wisco is an interesting matchup. That's where my anticipation resides.

Absolutely - what a great game that should be! I think Wisco will struggle with Jacoby Harris's deep-passing ability, but I also think Miami will struggle with a back the likes of John Clay. Should be very fun.

The A&M-UGA game last night was weird. UGA winning by so much with less total yards shows how key it is to not turn the ball over...

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #887 of 1,108
Quote:

I really don't care. My drama quota has been reached this silly season. The tipping point was passed during the Meyer thing.

Miami and Wisco is an interesting matchup. That's where my anticipation resides.

Heh, so true, there's been even more drama than normal, and if you buy into message board rumors, TMZ may become the lead investigator soon. But it seems like as good a reason as any to point out that Craig James is an oaf.

Anyway, Miami vs Wisky. I think it'll be the same as last year's Champs bowl, only a tiny bit closer. Jacory Harris has the ability to keep the opposing team in the game though.

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #888 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The A&M-UGA game last night was weird. UGA winning by so much with less total yards shows how key it is to not turn the ball over...

I think A&M shot their wad in the Texas game. Seems to happen to a lot of teams these days. Get yourself up for the big game of the season, play a lot closer game than you were expected to, and then fail to reach that same level for your next big game which in their case was a bowl game. That is why I would not be suprised if ya'll beat the tigers after they were dissapointed against Bama. That was a major blow to them.

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #889 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely - what a great game that should be! I think Wisco will struggle with Jacoby Harris's deep-passing ability, but I also think Miami will struggle with a back the likes of John Clay. Should be very fun.

Yeah, it's a nice contrast of styles. Thus far the Flying W's have executed a perfect gameplan against the Cane's speed. I'm listening to music so have to ask whether there is instant replay in this game? The stripes have blown calls for both sides.

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #890 of 1,108
Quote:

Thanks Trojan. We were pretty down on the way back, then I found out my friend died in a plane crash.

That will snap things back into perspective quickly.

Sorry to hear that Viro.
frown.gif

(my browser somehow went to a September post first...weird. oops.)

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #892 of 1,108
Quote:

Odd, well thanks for the thought anyway.

Miamar is done, although they made it interesting late. SA Nole was prophetic in one regard. Harris Fed Ex'ed balls all night.

biggrin.gif
So glad I was wrong. Way to go Badgers.

Maybe I'm just a homer, but I'm a bit perplexed by the love Jacory still gets. I mean, I see the potential. But he just isn't there yet.

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #893 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
So glad I was wrong. Way to go Badgers.

Maybe I'm just a homer, but I'm a bit perplexed by the love Jacory still gets. I mean, I see the potential. But he just isn't there yet.

Heh, I call it Al Davis syndrome. People get so caught up in big, fast, tall, & strong that they devalue decision-making and performance in the clutch. Doesn't matter how big that arm is if he can't accurately and consistently hit targets with it.

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #894 of 1,108
Yep, nice win for the Badgers. Harris was indeed off, and the Badger D was very tough against the run. And while Clay didn't single-handedly destroy the 'Canes defense, in that Tolzien threw the ball pretty well, and the freshman back Ball ran pretty well too.

But the final score made the game look closer than it really was. Wisconsin had 2 turnovers, one inside the Miami 5 - that game could easily have been 31-7 Badgers.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #896 of 1,108
Texas Tech has made a huge mistake. They must have been listening to their fat little girlfriends telling them they could win without Leach.

Looking forward to watching Zona tonight, the future FSU defensive coordinator in action. Lets go Cats.

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #897 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Texas Tech has made a huge mistake. They must have been listening to their fat little girlfriends telling them they could win without Leach.

Amen. Read these:

E-mails in support of Mike Leach - CBSSports.com

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #898 of 1,108
I'm mainly waiting for the BCS championship and the Orange Bowl. I have to admit Cincinnati played superb this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back