2009 College Football Thread
Dec 6, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #736 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cincy got the win they needed, but their struggle with admittedly very good Pitt team will keep them out of any National Championship discussion, even if they win their BCS Bowl, IMO.

Cincy doesn't have the defense this year to win it all, but Kelly is making big mistake going with QB Pike over Collaros, Pike was very shaky for 1st three quarters against Pitt.......Collaros has 195 QB rating sitting on the bench with strong running skills, a mystery

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #737 of 1,108
Here's the problem for the Longhorns: Colt McCoy can't run like Vince Young did during the 2005 season. As such, that frightening Crimson Tide defense can key in on McCoy, and unless the Longhorns' coaching staff figures out how to slow down that defense, Alabama "rolls" Texas (pun intended!) 27-13.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #738 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayfromTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only thing that I could forecast with certainty was that win or lose, Tebow would turn on the waterworks at the end of the game, and he did not disappoint. What a youngster. He is a talented athlete with the emotional maturity of a young high school kid.

Totally agree - and I thought it was ridiculous. He has no excuse to sob like that, having won both an SEC title and National Championship once already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cincy doesn't have the defense this year to win it all, but Kelly is making big mistake going with QB Pike over Collaros, Pike was very shaky for 1st three quarters against Pitt.......Collaros has 195 QB rating sitting on the bench with strong running skills, a mystery

I see what you're saying. Pike struggled mightily yesterday, although they did win. But Collaros has 2 more years to play...and this is it for Pike...so in a way it's the decent thing to let the Senior play - and it's not like he has sucked in general
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #739 of 1,108
Quote:

The only thing that I could forecast with certainty was that win or lose, Tebow would turn on the waterworks at the end of the game, and he did not disappoint.

Heh, yeah, crying is another way to draw attention to oneself. Then again, I would rather have my guy crying after a loss than joking around with the opposing team, like I have seen some do.

The posters that spoke of Florida's energy are on to something. They looked strangely flat to me, as if their belief that they couldn't lose was stronger than their will to win.

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #741 of 1,108
Quote:

When they play a mature, talented, multi-dimensional defense, they will not easily score 30 points.

TCU is not given full respect especially by fans of the big conferences, but they played some tough ranked teams like Clemson, Utah, BYU and won big.

Also don't forget last year Bama got beat 31-17 in Sugar Bowl by Utah many were saying same things
smile.gif

They are for real..........

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #742 of 1,108
Quote:

The only thing that I could forecast with certainty was that win or lose, Tebow would turn on the waterworks at the end of the game, and he did not disappoint. What a youngster. He is a talented athlete with the emotional maturity of a young high school kid.

Most idiotic statement I have read on this forum yet. You don't have a clue what yesterday meant to him dude. Their is nothing wrong with some emotions. It means you give a s#$t. How do you think Colt's reaction would have been if they had not lucked out last night (which I am damn glad they did) and survived against a defeat by an inferior team.

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #743 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most idiotic statement I have read on this forum yet. You don't have a clue what yesterday meant to him dude. Their is nothing wrong with some emotions. It means you give a s#$t. How do you think Colt's reaction would have been if they had not lucked out last night (which I am damn glad they did) and survived against a defeat by an inferior team.

When Texas was beaten by a missed tackle last year in the game with Texas Tech it knocked us out of the championship game after a stellar season and it killed Colt's chance at a heisman. Look at the tapes. Colt acted like a man. He always has. He has always spoken for and of the team. Tebow's emotional press conference after their loss last year was a spectacle that I cringe to see every time it is replayed.

If my statement is the most idiotic that you have read on this forum, then we have far different values. I can live with that. Have a good day.

Dec 6, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #744 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Texas got a gift with that win in last minute of game, two huge penalties and a clock reset........

Must give credit to Longhorns "D"
Nebraska offense was almost nonexistant last night, completely shutdown with 5 first downs, 39 yds passing and 106 total yards, amazing the score was even close

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #746 of 1,108
I just rewatched the Al Fl game and it appears that in a losing effort, Tebow got about 3 times the coverage and camera shots as the winning McElroy. The press invests themselves in their annointed chosen heroes and do not let go easily.

Alabama is going to be a handful. For those that think that the game between Al and Tx is going to be a meeting of yesterday's Al performance against yesterday's Tx performance, just remember that every team has a bad day, every game is different and Tx has a way of winning bowl games that they're not supposed to win. We'll see if Al can muster the same level of energy for Tx that they found last night against Fl, a team that they built their whole season around beating.

One last thought is that the game will be very different a month from now than if it were played next weekend. Therein lies the rub of the way we end our year of great college football. Playoffs or BCS, the very thought of taking a month to get around to playing these last games is what really makes the outcome questionable. The winner is likely to be the team that can keep their head in the game a month from now.

It could be that this post is a little off base but if it is I'll blame it on the fact that it was written while under the influence of Alice's Restaurant.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.
gs1000.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #747 of 1,108
Northwestern is going to play Auburn in the Outback Bowl Jan 1. COOL!

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #748 of 1,108
Quote:

I just rewatched the Al Fl game and it appears that in a losing effort, Tebow got about 3 times the coverage and camera shots as the winning McElroy. The press invests themselves in their annointed chosen heroes and do not let go easily.

The press responds to market forces, like everyone else. The public seems to like Tebow, or at least, he generates public interest, and so it is not surprising that the press or media would spend extra coverage on him. They do this with lots of other people in a wide variety of sports and circumstances (e.g., Tom Brady). Anyway, he's certainly a much better candidate for "chosen hero" than Tiger these days.
biggrin.gif

P.S. You certainly seem to have some issue with the guy. I don't get it.
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #749 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The press responds to market forces, like everyone else. The public seems to like Tebow, or at least, he generates public interest, and so it is not surprising that the press or media would spend extra coverage on him. They do this with lots of other people in a wide variety of sports and circumstances (e.g., Tom Brady). Anyway, he's certainly a much better candidate for "chosen hero" than Tiger these days.
biggrin.gif

P.S. You certainly seem to have some issue with the guy. I don't get it.
confused_face(1).gif

Some people just don't like good people. Go figure.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #750 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is sad when we, and I mean America as a whole, make fun of guys like Tebow for their moral values and that they actually care what the Man who built them says about living life. He shows public emotion about what had to be a mentally devastating loss, and the rips from innerwebdom just flow like water. (I realize none of that was RFTx's meaning so I guess I am just getting this off my chest) I respect the heck out of Tim Tebow. We celebrate the Perez Hiltons and shun the Tim Tebows in this country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back