2009 College Football Thread
Nov 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #556 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For a non-BCS school to even be considered for a BCS slot, going undefeated should be a necessity.

I never said the opposite, although I don't necessarily agree. There is a scenario for everything. You said:

"The fact that a non-BCS conference team runs the table should be a given in their situation, not something rewarded"

Which I think is wrong.

What you say we quit crappin' this thread and agree to disagree. These guys are probably tired of it.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #557 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said the opposite, although I don't necessarily agree. There is a scenario for everything. You said:

"The fact that a non-BCS conference team runs the table should be a given in their situation, not something rewarded"

Which I think is wrong.

What you say we quit crappin' this thread and agree to disagree. These guys are probably tired of it.

No TCing was intended, Viro. Just trying to lead the stray sheep back into the flock.
ksc75smile.gif
Sure, that's fine.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #558 of 1,108
What I want to know is why no game TONIGHT?!?!? I could use one - wife and kids are watching "Biggest Loser". Sheesh.

Great article in the Tribune today about why no one in their right mind would coach at ND. Lots of good reasons. It will have to be someone like Kelly for sure - no way it would be another $4M Man like Meyer or Saban.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #559 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I want to know is why no game TONIGHT?!?!? I could use one - wife and kids are watching "Biggest Loser". Sheesh.

Great article in the Tribune today about why no one in their right mind would coach at ND. Lots of good reasons. It will have to be someone like Kelly for sure - no way it would be another $4M Man like Meyer or Saban.

Kelly as recent as yesterday told local media Cincy is not a stepping stone, it is a final destination......has probably easiest path available to BCS bowl game each year in place with Big east. Players say Kelly told them he is going nowhere. Major multi million dollar expansion underway to football physical facilities requested by Kelly. Ohio valley area is tremendous talent pool for high school football that Kelly can tap into for recruiting instead of other major colleges......

On the other hand Kelly is Irish & catholic and he has never catagorically denied he will never take the Notre Dame job if offered......

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #560 of 1,108
Quote:

Northwestern is playing Illinois in volleyball on the Big 10HD channel.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #561 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kelly as recent as yesterday told local media Cincy is not a stepping stone, it is a final destination......has probably easiest path available to BCS bowl game each year in place with Big east. Players say Kelly told them he is going nowhere. Major multi million dollar expansion underway to football physical facilities requested by Kelly.

On the other hand Kelly is Irish & catholic and he has never catagorically denied he will never take the Notre Dame job if offered......

They always say they are not interested. I find it hard to imagine that a coach whom is both Irish and Catholic would not be interested in ND.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #562 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Northwestern is playing Illinois in volleyball on the Big 10HD channel.

Horrifyingly, I actually also saw that and briefly considered leaving it in one of my "little TV's" - but decided to head-fi instead
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #563 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They always say they are not interested. I find it hard to imagine that a coach whom is both Irish and Catholic would not be interested in ND.

Ronnie
I think Kelly would be much more interested if ND joined the Big East and had guaranteed BCS bowl game, I think Sky posted recently how hard it is for independent to be successful in current BCS system

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #564 of 1,108
Quote:

Kelly as recent as yesterday told local media Cincy is not a stepping stone, it is a final destination......has probably easiest path available to BCS bowl game each year in place with Big east. Players say Kelly told them he is going nowhere. Major multi million dollar expansion underway to football physical facilities requested by Kelly. Ohio valley area is tremendous talent pool for high school football that Kelly can tap into for recruiting instead of other major colleges......

Until a coach absolutely says no, you've gotta consider him available. And with Saban, even after he says no a few times.

Kelly would be an outstanding hire for ND. As well as he's done at Cincy, it's still not South Bend or the history surrounding the Irish. That's a program I never expected to work its way out of the gutter.

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #565 of 1,108
Quote:

Ronnie
I think Kelly would be much more interested if ND joined the Big East and had guaranteed BCS bowl game, I think Sky posted recently how hard it is for independent to be successful in current BCS system

I don't think it'd be that hard for them to get a BCS slot at all. The media has always, and continues to rank Notre Dame much higher than they ever deserve on the field. A one or even two loss ND team is probably BCS-bound most years you don't have multiple undefeateds remaining.

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #566 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it'd be that hard for them to get a BCS slot at all. The media has always, and continues to rank Notre Dame much higher than they ever deserve on the field. A one or even two loss ND team is probably BCS-bound most years you don't have multiple undefeateds remaining.

Have to agree with you there.

Hey Skylab, don't feel bad. I watched it for about 20 minutes. Would still be watching it if it was beach volleyball.

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #567 of 1,108
Quote:

Great article in the Tribune today about why no one in their right mind would coach at ND. Lots of good reasons.=

Hey, what's the tip on that? Care to give us the reasons?

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #568 of 1,108
Well, it begins with having your starting QB go to a restaurant after a loss and getting punched out. The basic tenet of the argument is that ND cannot get possibly back to the glory days no matter who is the coach, and that anyone who takes the job is just setting himself up for a ghost-chasing, career-ending failure.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #569 of 1,108
Heh, that story has made the rounds. I remember when Clausen arrived in a stretch limo to either verbal or sign his letter of intent. He has never shied away from the spotlight that is the Domer qb.

Thanks. I don't know how I feel about that. You hear a lot of different things where admissions and other realities are concerned.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #570 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, that story has made the rounds. I remember when Clausen arrived in a stretch limo to either verbal or sign his letter of intent. He has never shied away from the spotlight that is the Domer qb.

Of course, when you show up looking like this, you're asking for abuse:
atsmile.gif

JIMMYCLAUSEN.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back