2009 College Football Thread
Nov 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #588 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn that was close. I knew Auburn would come to play but I didn't expect that. Don't know if I ambling to be able to watch the Fla FSU game Saturday. To much stress.

Bama takes care of business ready for SEC chamionship, hope Ingram not too banged up need all hands on deck for Gators......two turnovers hurt Auburn as they had more total yardage

Ronnie & Woof
If Bama had Cincy's back-up QB Zach Collaros they would be invincible
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #589 of 1,108
For what Bama likes to do, I don't think McElroy is bad. He just has to be a caretaker when a team has a rushing attack and D like that.

I was rooting for Auby but never had my hopes up. That was a nice last drive by the Tide. Championship teams execute drives like that.

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #590 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bama takes care of business ready for SEC chamionship, hope Ingram not too banged up need all hands on deck for Gators......two turnovers hurt Auburn as they had more total yardage

Ronnie & Woof
If Bama had Cincy's back-up QB Zach Collaros they would be invincible
very_evil_smiley.gif

Bama will handle UF easily...just my opinion. Florida has been looking for a soft spot on the mat for a good while now.

Bama plays ball control O and doesn't take chances. Collaros is a spread-option type QB, correct? That's not Saban's style, I don't think.

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #591 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For what Bama likes to do, I don't think McElroy is bad. He just has to be a caretaker when a team has a D like that.

Look here, we do agree on something. Who knew?
k701smile.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #592 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn that was close. I knew Auburn would come to play but I didn't expect that. Don't know if I ambling to be able to watch the Fla FSU game Saturday. To much stress.

Chizik is going to get ROASTED in the media and the msg boards for his clock management for the forseeable future. That last drive was a non-issue due to all the time Auburn wasted.

Also...did anyone think the officials were resetting the ball awfully fast on first down that last drive? Hmmmm...

Nov 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #593 of 1,108
WVU, Pitt
Montaineers pull off the upset and drop Pitt to 9-2, but 11-0 Cincy still must beat Pitt next week to win Big East and get BCS bowl. Ironically it would have been better for Pitt to win and keep higher ranking then if Cincy beats them have better chance to move ahead of TCU in final BCS standings (TCU still better team)

Boise St
That is one ugly field they play on, Boise QB Moore not too shabby with 5 TDs and 262 yds. Like Cincy however did not win many BCS style points by letting other team also score many points........

Still say TCU is clear cut above Cincy & Boise with better defense, a real serious contender for national champ

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #594 of 1,108
TCU Hornfrogs looking for some help.......

Longhorns vs Cornhuskers
Is there any chance Nebraska Cornhuskers can take out Texas?
They don't score many points, but have good defense (held Oklahoma to 3 pts) and have won last 5 games. If they can take away Colt McCoys QB runs that may give them a chance........

Gators vs Seminoles
Florida State is struggling this year with brutally tough schedule, but have some quality wins (Wake Forest, North Carolina, BYU) and lost some really close games to very good teams (Miami U, Boston College, Ga Tech)

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #595 of 1,108
Illinois struggled to get to 14 points against my NU Cats, but put up 36 on Cincy...hmmmm...that could be a problem for the Bearcats in their BCS game.

In spite of Pitt's loss last night, I think they can take Cincy if they play as well as they can. That Backyard Brawl sure produces some surprising results.

I normally root for Bama over Auburn, but it was hard not to pull for the War Eagle yesterday. But it was not to be.

I will be rooting for the Seminoles today (also a rarity for me). And will be pulling for the Cardinal to finish off the ND agony. Also rooting for Viro's Sooners to pull off what amazingly would be an upset win against the Cowboys. I watched 12 hours of CFB yesterday - won't quite get to 12 today probably, but should be close
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #596 of 1,108
Tebow and the seniors last game in the Swamp, they should be ready. My daughter and friends went back to school early to be at the game. My wife and I will be heading to our FSU friends house to watch. Should be a fun time. Go Gators!

I was rooting for Auburn yesterday but a part of me would rather see the National Championship game between the Gators and Bama next week with both undefeated.

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #597 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was rooting for Auburn yesterday but a part of me would rather see the National Championship game between the Gators and Bama next week with both undefeated.

Yeah - me too. We get the SEC championship game as a real play-off style game, with the winner in the NCG. The B12 CG, and the "de-facto" BE CG are just spoiler chances; with the SEC CG, the winner plays for all the marbles, which is cool.

That said, I am still rooting for FSU
biggrin.gif
If UF loses to FSU, then beats 'Bama, I predict we get Texas and Cincy in the NCG (I think Cincy will leapfrog TCU in the BCS if it beats Pitt).

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #598 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Illinois struggled to get to 14 points against my NU Cats, but put up 36 on Cincy...hmmmm...that could be a problem for the Bearcats in their BCS game.
In spite of Pitt's loss last night, I think they can take Cincy if they play as well as they can. That Backyard Brawl sure produces some surprising results.

Weak defense is a well known chink in Cincy's armor, they give up many points but so far offense has always scored more.

I really don't think you should be surprised that WVU beat Pitt, they played extremely well against Cincy previous week......cannot be overlooked

Pitt can beat Cincy if certain things happen, but Cincy will score more than 19 pts and will not waste much time running the ball like WVU, they will probably pass 90% of time........Pike is carefull with ball does not throw many Picks, Pitt must blitz aggressively and hope they can single cover receivers, give Pike time and he will carve you up

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #599 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah - me too. We get the SEC championship game as a real play-off style game, with the winner in the NCG. The B12 CG, and the "de-facto" BE CG are just spoiler chances; with the SEC CG, the winner plays for all the marbles, which is cool.

That said, I am still rooting for FSU
biggrin.gif
If UF loses to FSU, then beats 'Bama, I predict we get Texas and Cincy in the NCG (I think Cincy will leapfrog TCU in the BCS if it beats Pitt).

Damn don't be wishing that Skylab. I didn't think I was going to make it through Bama and Auburn last night.

Hey Viro, how would you like to be an OSU fan and even though you are ranked and facing an unranked team, you are still being picked to loose? All I can say to that is Boomer Sooner!

P.S. Just remebered you are a season ticket holder. You are probably already partying down in the parking lot. Have a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back