2009-02-21: Notice of Forum Changes
Feb 22, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #63 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See, I wouldn't mind the new look only if it had the same functionality as the old one. It doesn't.

whats it missing? its the same functionality here, but may have missed something

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #64 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats it missing? its the same functionality here, but may have missed something

The search bar for example. In the new version is several hoops whilst in the old version I could easily click search on the top right.

I could easily see what messages I had instead of clicking a couple of times to get to same spot.

All and all, just unneeded added hoops to do the same thing.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #65 of 112
Jude, if you are going to keep this downgraded layout, you need to limit the size of avatars even further.

I made mine 55 X 55 pixels. I suggest at least 65 X 65 px

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #66 of 112
Quote:

The search bar for example. In the new version is several hoops whilst in the old version I could easily click search on the top right.

I could easily see what messages I had instead of clicking a couple of times to get to same spot.

oh strange, its all the same for me, is it because you arent a contributor? sounds like non contribs are having the problems!!
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #67 of 112
^^ yes, this style needs smaller avatars and a signature length limit.
or a widescreen/normalscreen switch button to bring back the left-style avatars.

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #68 of 112
Quote:

Hm??? To search, on the top bar with User CP, Log Out, etc... Search is the 3rd on the right. To check your messages, on the top right, it says Private Messages. What's good is now I don't need to go to User CP -> Profile, I can just use the quick links thing.

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #70 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@milkweg, AFAIK, contributors only, have this option.

Well, that sucks. No wonder I couldn't see it. But on the bright side I don't feel so stupid now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #73 of 112
I'm getting an advertisement on the top right now where I wasn't before. I have package 3 so I shouldn't be seeing any ads. Please fix. TY
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #74 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ yes, this style needs smaller avatars and a signature length limit.
or a widescreen/normalscreen switch button to bring back the left-style avatars.

Just bring it back.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back