2008 Wall Calendars for Audiophiles!
Sep 9, 2007 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Haoleb

100+ Head-Fier
I have posted this on a couple other forums but this seems like a good place to do it as well since i would imagine theres more of a geekier crowd here, Like myself that would enjoy them.

But anyway, I have put together a 2008 calendar made up of pics of different things that make up our crazy hobby. I did all the photography myself with the gear I have so I tried to keep it a bit generic so there are no brand names or such displayed with the hopes that more people would be able to relate to what the pictures are about which is more the hobby itself and less the actual peice of gear.

Anyhow, I'll let the pics do the talkin'
icon10.gif

You can get these directly from Cafepress, Its not practical for me to have a bunch of these things made up somewhere locally and then ship to everyone so this route is the best way to get my beloved little project out there! I just got mine in the mail today and the quality of the calendar itself is just as good as anything bought from a store. The picture quality is good, But they didnt come out with the same resolution as on the computer. These are full bleed meaning that it looks like a store bought professionally done calendar. I took all the pics with a 10mp DSLR and took care when resizing to preserve quality so enjoy!

PS, this is not a commercial thing. I just wanted a calendar that i hadnt seen available so i made it myself. And I figured others might want one too. If i end up making enough to cover the cost of my own calendar i will be happy
icon10.gif

http://www.cafepress.com/verityworks

jitcrunch.aspx.jpg

Sep 9, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #3 of 14
LOVE December's picture! Great work.

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 14
It's always good to have household items related to your passions (like the Nixie tube clock).

nclock1.jpg

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 14
When I worked for Xerox, I used to fix Xerox machines at Kinkos, and they had a deal where you brought in 13 pictures and they made a calender for you.
It would be nice to take high quality pics of you favorite gear and make your own personalized calenders.

Moving this to General. This forum is for personal items for sale.

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #11 of 14
Hmmm. What if there was an official Head-Fi Audio-phile calendar? People can submit sexy pictures of audio gear, and the best 13 are chosen to do the calendar with. You can do this by polling, I guess...

I'm drooling at the thought of high-quality, high-resolution pictures of bling gear on my wall to be stared at 24/7. Why, I'd get little to no work done!

Especially when 300B's are on the wall... mmm, 300B's.

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pricey, but a tube lover's dream. Here's the manufacturer and explanation of how it works.

Sorry for the OT.

http://www.nixieclock.net/

That's pretty cool. I don't need one. I don't need one. I don't need one.

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #13 of 14
It's seductively calling your name:

"Wahayne...Waahaayne"..."take me home."

nclock3.jpg

pipenix.jpg

00A07009.JPG

Sep 10, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm. What if there was an official Head-Fi Audio-phile calendar? People can submit sexy pictures of audio gear, and the best 13 are chosen to do the calendar with. You can do this by polling, I guess...

I'm drooling at the thought of high-quality, high-resolution pictures of bling gear on my wall to be stared at 24/7. Why, I'd get little to no work done!

Especially when 300B's are on the wall... mmm, 300B's.

It's a good idea. I'll make sure that my Grado will be in June section. Who's keen enough to start the thread and fix the calendar thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back