2008 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest
Oct 9, 2008 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Sherwood

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, after poring over the site with the search function, it appears that no one has yet started a thread on what is, perhaps, the greatest annual assemblage of high-end audio in the world -- Rocky Mountain Audio Fest!

I will be attending, as will Asr and Luminette. HeadphoneAddict has promised to do his best, and his best is usually plenty good enough.

Aside from being the first venue to put the hotly anticipated Denon D7000s on your head, this show should be of significant interest to anyone interested in any aspect of high-end audio, which surely we all are.

Though not as headphone-centric as CanJam, there are still a number of headphone oriented exhibitors there like:

HeadRoom
SinglePower
McAlister
AudioMagus (littledot dealer)
E.A.R.

And others like Wadia and Luxman who are just getting into the headphone game.

Show starts tomorrow, October 10th. Anyone else planning on attending? If so, I'd love to meet a few of you who I have not yet, and form some sort of an outcast clique.

Lemme know.

Oct 11, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 31
I'm thinking about swinging by - maybe this afternoon or tomorrow. I am bringing my Prototype SOHA II of anyone is interested...

-Bill

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 31
For any of you going, I cannot recommend stopping by Headroom enough.

They have a great room, and they know their stuff front to back. Plus, Ivy's cute. No harm in that.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For any of you going, I cannot recommend stopping by Headroom enough.

They have a great room, and they know their stuff front to back. Plus, Ivy's cute. No harm in that.

Got any pics to prove it>????
devil_face.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 31
I was not able to go today because I had to deal with my kids and their parties and commitments and stuff. I am not sure it is worth trying to drive up Sunday for it, when I am usually too tired to drive past north Colorado Springs. Now, if Sherwood picks me up at 10 o'clock at my house and drives me up there and back home, that's different.

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by McPanse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If someone could check out the new gear at AudioMagus (DAC, a passive selector and speakers) and report back, that would be sooper!

Well, a bit too late for requests, no? Should be over by now....

Oct 13, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 31
It ended about an hour before you posted that, actually.

I did stop by Audiomagus, however, and heard all the gear they played. They didn't hook up any of the Kingrex stuff, but their house brand was there, and they played the Glow. What specific gear were you interested in, McPanse?

Oct 13, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #10 of 31
Hey Everybody.

If you heard them, could you post your impressions of the D7000? If anybody heard those and the D5000, could you compare the two as well?

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 31
I listened to them for about ten minutes, and I have some nice pics, but Luminette is the one who did the critical listening.

Most of the time we spent, we spent on the gigantic headroom rig fed by its internal DAC, which is a plenty solid piece of kit.

Oct 14, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Selling impressions for $5 via paypal

smily_headphones1.gif

I'll be back later tonight with d7k impressions

Where do I send the $5?
smile.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #14 of 31
No D7000 impressions yet
frown.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #15 of 31