PSU 28, Wisco 17
Oklahoma 35, Texas 21
LSU 20, UF 10
Mizzou 58, Oky St. 45
UNC 35, ND 17

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #303 of 756
From rivals.com:

Quote:

Northwestern has won three Big Ten championships since Fitzgerald first arrived on campus in 1993, winning or sharing the crown in 1995, '96 and 2000 – which is more titles than Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State. In fact, the only schools who have won more are Michigan and Ohio State.

Rivals.com College Football - Fitzgerald has Northwestern playing big

Oct 11, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #305 of 756
[size=xx-large]Hook 'em Horns[/size]

Very entertaining game with AWFUL officiating. I am happy about the win but the Refs might have been the worst crew I have ever seen. Roughing the quaterback calls were pretty bad as were the calls of running into the punter. The interception by OU in the end zone was an amazing call. It didn't even look like it was in doubt, it was definitely an interception. How replay saw the ball coming loose is beyond me.

Both secondaries looked pretty poor. OU looked like two different teams some times between the hurry up and regular. Changing plays 2 and 3 times at the line depending on what they saw in the Texas defense seemed to really throw OU off.

This will be a very difficult few weeks for Texas but I really had my doubts they would make it out of Dallas with a win. Refs and injuries on top of the Jeckyl and Hyde things with those three and outs seemed to doom OU. A win is a win I guess.
icon10.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #307 of 756
and the longhorn fans come out of the woodwork.

i had a sinking feeling that vandy would go down today. sometimes i hate being right. still a great season for the so far.

time to go watch my team struggle on offense.

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #308 of 756
MSU-NW wasn't as close as most of us expected, but it was still a good game. I'm not terribly happy with our defense versus the spread - most of the NW drives seemed something like "Completed Pass, Completed Pass, Completed Pass, Penalty on MSU, Completed Pass....", but a lot of their calls were actually pretty good and it's really tough to argue with a 37-20 win and a 6-1 start.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #309 of 756
Despite the loss, I have to commend the ASU defense for their outstanding play today. The 28 points wasn't very indicative of how much trouble they gave USC. The ASU offense was just dreadful, they can't get out of their own way right now. Good news is they come back home for the next game, bad news is they face another tough team in Oregon. Their schedule is pretty tough this year, which didn't bode well for such a young team.

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #313 of 756
UGH! Just got back from taking my family to the Michigan-Toledo game. This is the low point in the life of this program.

I accept that this is going to be a tough year, and that we're going to lose some games. I'd even accept that we're going to possibly lose more than we'd win. What I don't accept, however, is the kind of effort that I saw today. Coach Rod was right last week when he said that they played soft vs Illinois...and they picked up right where they left off today against a bad MAC team.

Don't get me wrong...Toledo played well, and I don't want to take anything from them. I'm just totally disgusted with the effort I saw today. We have no QB, we have no OL, and we have no heart.

All you have to do is watch the last series of the game, when all of a sudden the offense came alive just enough to ALMOST send the game to OT (missed field goal). I didn't see so much as one good solid hit today...nobody was playing angry, and if there's anything this team should have been after last weekends loss to Illinois, it was angry.

They played like they expected to win...but not in the cocky, swaggering, we're going to crush you to rubble sort of way. They played like they figured that they could put out a minimum of effort and win the game. It reminded me of the Appalacian State game last year.

As soon as they took that pick in the endzone for a TD, I got this sinking feeling. That was a 14-point swing right there. I turned to my wife and said "that's the sort of play that can cost a team a game". Yeah, I know...****ing Nostradamas!

This is the low point. It's not getting any worse. Not even the sodomizing that we've got in store for us at Happy Valley next weekend will be as bad as this. I guess that's something, huh.

Bo must be spinning in his grave right now.

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #314 of 756
i feel bad for you el-rod. as much as i hate michigan i still wouldn't wish that on them. i really wanted your team to be ranked when we play at the end of the year. try to think happy thoughts. if you beat my buckeyes this year it will still be like winning the superbowl. that's how i treat any year that we beat michigan.

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #315 of 756
Thanks...it doesn't help, but the thought counts.

I know that, long term, Rich Rodriguez isn't going to suddenly turn into a bad coach. He's in a tougher spot than anyone thought this year, but things WILL improve (hopefully before next year).

The effort is what bothers me, and it bothers me a lot.

I can't imagine what practice is going to be like on Monday. He's going to have those guys hitting and running until they throw up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back