2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 10, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #211 of 378
I really am disappointed with Pietrus's performance in the playoffs and really as of late... all the games I caught live during the normal season he performed well! He made some critical 3's! Esp. liked him in that double overtime victory over the Bulls.

May 11, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #212 of 378
I'm feeling for the Bulls right now. Dropping a 19 point lead can't feel good. It's probably good for their future to lose in a series every way possible. It will make them hard and more hungry.

The media keeps comparing this team to the early Jordan team that also had the Pistons as a roadblock.

I was curious as to what everyone thinks of the future of this Bulls team?

May 11, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #214 of 378
May 11, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #215 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Detroit was .500 against the West this year. One has to wonder where they would be seeded on the other side of the bracket.

Yeah, and they were .250 (1-3) against the Bulls this year.

So much for the regular season rationale. They are a totally different team in the playoffs. I like their chances against any team in the West.

May 11, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #216 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkestred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bulls are a great team. I think they need a better post-presence than BW. Great on defense, but his offense hurts them when he misses wide open lay-ups.

Great teams don't get blown out in consecutive playoff games by nearly 20 points. Great teams don't surrender a mid-third-quarter 19-point lead in a playoff game at home.

The Bulls are a decent team, but 'great' is a stretch. They are still one big guard and/or one low post scorer from 'greatness'. Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich are nice players, but too small. Ben Wallace and PJ Brown are decent defenders, but an offensive liability. The Bulls still need a bona-fide post player like Jermaine O'neal and/or a Chauncey Billups type point guard. In fact, if the Bulls can pry Jermaine O'neal from the Pacers this off-season (and rumors are that he wants out of Indiana) I think that the Bulls would become the Eastern conference favorites next year.

May 11, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #217 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great teams don't get blown out in consecutive playoff games by nearly 20 points. Great teams don't surrender a mid-third-quarter 19-point lead in a playoff game at home.

The Bulls are a decent team, but 'great' is a stretch. They are still one big guard and/or one low post scorer from 'greatness'. Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich are nice players, but too small. Ben Wallace and PJ Brown are decent defenders, but an offensive liability. The Bulls still need a bona-fide post player like Jermaine O'neal and/or a Chauncey Billups type point guard. In fact, if the Bulls can pry Jermaine O'neal from the Pacers this off-season (and rumors are that he wants out of Indiana) I think that the Bulls would become the Eastern conference favorites next year.

The bulls do have a great team. They are just young. They had so many opportunities to make the first two games close. They are young and inexperienced. In the regular season they owned the pistons. The playoffs are more physical and the bulls learned that against a mature, close-knit and great pistons team.

May 11, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #218 of 378
As are the warriors
frown.gif

May 11, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #219 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2866789 Check out the above link. Stoudemire accuses Spurs of being a 'dirty team'

Oooh, thanks that's juicy. This series is getting even better!

Here's the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4yz__akIU

Quote:

Yeah, and they were .250 (1-3) against the Bulls this year.

Show me one stat and I'll show you another. I hear ya there. However in my book 16-16 is a-lot more telling than 1-3.

I hope you're right about the Pistons.

May 11, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #220 of 378
Quote:

Hinrich and Billups are the same size, 6'3" 190-200 lbs. Hinrich is only in his 4th year while Billups is in his 13th. At this stage of Hinrich's career, he's ahead of where Billups was. No one thought Billups would ever be this good, he was tagged as a career backup. Hinrich is fine, he will continue to improve and be a solid PG for his career. Ben Gordon is the weak link since he's a tiny SG, he's the same size as Billups and Hinrich. You're right on Wallace and Brown, you can't have 2 guys like that in your front court, you need someone to make the defense stay honest in the paint. The Bulls aren't a great team, they're a good team with some holes to fill. Jermaine O'neal, Ty Thomas, and Wallace would be a nice rotation.

May 12, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #221 of 378
I seldom make pronouncements like this, but Detroit will now win the NBA championship unless they blow it by playing poorly. With Dallas gone, there is no one who can beat them, period! They are on a mission.

JC

May 12, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #222 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seldom make pronouncements like this, but Detroit will now win the NBA championship unless they blow it by playing poorly. With Dallas gone, there is no one who can beat them, period! They are on a mission.

JC

Warriors can beat detroit. I believe.
redface.gif

May 12, 2007 at 7:59 AM Post #224 of 378
The east is a joke. The Pistons would be maybe the five or six seed in the west at best, and none of the other teams in the east would have made it. The real NBA Finals are going on right now between the Spurs and Suns.

P.S. I honestly think the Warriors would be able to handle the Pistons.

P.P.S. I really hope the Suns beat the Spurs -- the Warriors at least have a shadow of a chance against the Suns.
smily_headphones1.gif

P.P.P.S. Of course there is still the small matter of the Utah Jazz.
cool.gif

May 12, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #225 of 378
Riiiight. The Warriors can beat the Pistons, because the the Pistons are from the JV league.
rolleyes.gif

Well, everyone was ready to anoint the Bulls as the Eastern Conference Champs after they beat Miami, and the Pistons have destroyed them. I would love to see the Pistons crush the dreams of another upstart. Unfortunately the Warriors will be lucky to get by Utah, and even if they do, San Antonio will end their "Cinderella" season.

PS: But there's still a minor matter of finishing off the baby Bulls and the Cleveland Lebrons first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back