2007 NBA Playoffs Thread
May 4, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #136 of 378
The most amazingly terrible game by a superstar with a game on the line. Congrats Dirk, you have alot of work to do if you dont want to be known as the biggest choke artist ever. Even A-Rod is glad he isnt you right now.

On the behalf of my Pistons, I thank the Warriors for eliminating the Mavs.

May 4, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #138 of 378
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

Baron Davis pulled a Willis Reed tonight, and if I were Dirk, I would have the good sense to not show up at the MVP ceremony
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 4, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #140 of 378
Man, this is why I LOVE THE NBA!!!

If you were to tell me at the beginning of the season that an eighth-seeded Warriors is going to upset a first-seeded Mavericks with 67 wins, I would laughed my head off. Damn I love this game!

May 4, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #141 of 378
Davis' performance reminds me more of Kirk Gibson, Willis Reed didn't really didn't have much statistical impact, only emotional. Davis had a nice game on a bad wheel, much like Kirk hobbling around the bases. Walt Frazier was unbelievable in that "Willis Reed game" and should get more credit for that win. Another great playing hurt story in hoops was Jordan with the flu, barfing on the sidelines, and scoring 38 points in 44 minutes played.

May 4, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #142 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you were to tell me at the beginning of the season that an eighth-seeded Warriors is going to upset a first-seeded Mavericks with 67 wins, I would laughed my head off. Damn I love this game!

if you were to tell me the warriors would make the playoffs, logically i wouldn't believe you even my mind wanted to. now to see the w's win a first round series, it feels surreal.

now i'm worry about a 2nd rd letdown. they dont have that edge of playing a #1 seed.

May 4, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #143 of 378
There is no way they were going to lose that game. And there is no way Dallas was going to win it either.

May 4, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #144 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you were to tell me the warriors would make the playoffs, logically i wouldn't believe you even my mind wanted to. now to see the w's win a first round series, it feels surreal.

now i'm worry about a 2nd rd letdown. they dont have that edge of playing a #1 seed.

x2... I gave these guys NO Chance... after re-structuring their roster half way through the season.

At the beginning of the season, I figured they'd finish around .400-.450 and get the 3-4th pick overall (again).

This is surreal... It feels like the 87' playoffs when they knocked off the Jazz in the first round, and Sleepy floyd racked up all those points against Michael Cooper/Byron Scott in the second round.

May 4, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #145 of 378
So....who is your take? Spurs or Suns? Spurs in 7!!

May 4, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #147 of 378
Just got home from the Warriors/Mavericks game. An unbelievable game to watch. The game started off like fireworks as both teams were just draining 3 after 3. When Baron came up lame, the crowd was pretty quiet for a long time. The Stephen Jackson shooting clinic in the 3rd quarter was just amazing. It got the crowd back in the game and the Mavericks just looked shell shocked after.

Kudos to Baron and Matt Barnes for playing hurt and still contributing in a big way. Major disappointment in Dirk. He was not very aggressive at all. Only 4 points midway through the 3rd quarter and finished with 8 total. Totally disappeared in the 2nd half.

btw. It's been 31 years since the Warriors won a 7 game series.

For the Spurs/Suns series, I'm rooting for the Suns. If the Warriors are lucky enough to make it to the conference finals, they would have NO chance against the Spurs but maybe a teeny tiny chance against the Suns
icon10.gif

I don't suppose any Tivo'd the game? I'd love to watch it again........and again.

May 4, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #148 of 378
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got home from the Warriors/Mavericks game. An unbelievable game to watch.

I've drooled over a lot of audio equipment on this site in the short time I've been here and I've coveted quite a few rigs . . . but I do believe I just felt my first pang of jealousy.

May 4, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #149 of 378
Kudos to GSW. They were incredible! Not sure what Norwitzki was doing...

Now I hope Rockets go through. Houston vs GS will be an interesting match-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back