<$200 DAC+AMP Help?
Nov 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Krez

New Head-Fier
Hello, I will be purchasing a DAC+Amp to partner with my Beyerdynamic DT990's (250 Ohm) and I would like to know which of these DAC+Amp combinations would be the best? I am looking at the Fiio E10, the Fiio E07K/E09K Combo, and the Audinst HUD MX1. I am open to any suggestions but which of these should I acquire?

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 11
What sources will this DAC and amp be plugged into?
Is this audio setup for music? gaming? movies?

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 11
Stretch your budget a little, or find a used Leckerton UHA-6s. Fantastic value, hard to beat. Very solid product that punches above its weight. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 11
  Music and gaming

So, I'm assuming this is for PC gaming?

Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $60
Schiit Magni headphone amplifier, $99

You might be able to get away with just getting a Creative Sound Blaster Z (SB1500), $100.
Comes with the same DAC chip (CS4398) as the Xonar DX/D1 and a decent enough headphone amplifier.

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 11
  hmmm anybody else?

if your going to play games and music Purpleangel is dead on, as the Creative SBZ will do the positional audio and sound good to boot. I run DT770's pro (250ohm) with a Titanium HD and Schitt Magni and have no complaints at all. i play a lot of FPS shooters and the positional audio is great.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 11
  if your going to play games and music Purpleangle is dead on as the Creative SBZ will do the positional audio and sound good to boot. I run DT770's pro (250ohm) with a Titanium HD and Schitt Magni and have no complaints at all. i play a lot of FPS shooters and the positional audio is great.

"Purpleangel is dead", that's going to stick in my brain for a while.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 11

"Purpleangel is dead", that's going to stick in my brain for a while.

Ouch looking at it that way it is kinda harsh sorry
frown.gif
. guess i should have put a comma after the  "on" all Fixed
beerchug.gif

deadhorse.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #10 of 11
  Ouch looking at it that way it is kinda harsh sorry
frown.gif
. guess i should have put a comma after the  "on" all Fixed
beerchug.gif

deadhorse.gif

Now I'm think of changing my user name to "Dead Purple Angel" or "Purple Dead Angel" or "Angel of the Purple Death" or "Angel of the Purple Dead Star"  or "Angel of the Purple Deathstar", etc.

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #11 of 11
Krez: I've deleted your other two threads. In the future, please post only ONE thread. If everyone posted multiple threads, the forum would quickly fill up with spam. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back