$200-400 IEM neutral/reference recommendations. SE425, UM Pro 3, Pinacle M1, ER4PT
Sep 25, 2016 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zdrvr

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-fi members.

I'm looking for some tips/recommendations between the listed models in the topic (any other one is welcome).

The main use for the IEM is for FOH tuning and critical listeting, I'm searching for a neutral sound with out any band being excessive foward. Looking to something with excelent instrument separation (aka soundstage?)

I already had SE315 for a long time and I'm used to it and the mid-centric approach, that's why I'm considering Se425 as a good upgrade.

Actually own Sony XBA-H1 that I use daily (budget constraings), and recenty had de oportunity to spent some time with Fidue A83 wich I didn't like it because the lack of high-mid details and over emphazised highs.

With that said, I'm looking to someting like Shure SRH440 cans frequency response (with I use weekly for FOH mix), the only problem with those cans is that I feel that are slower than the balanced armature to reveal the mid-centric instruments separation.

About the other ones, I don't know if the westong signature is bass heavy or reference like class. Pinacle M1 seems interesting but I'm affraid that is needs external amp. ER4 seems nice but don't know how much low end will be missing with those.

Any other model will be very appreciate.

I was considering FLC 8S too, but the lack of isolation in hybrids make's me want to go full balanced armature.

The main source is straight from headphone out laptop and PC desktop using MP3 from 128-356 and Spotify Premium (don't have very good high quality recordings), and headphone output from mixing consoles (Tascam DM4800 mainly).

I'm willing to add an DAC/amp like FiiO Q1, or E17K if this will be good for price/performance, or I don't know if is better to keep all the budget in the IEM quality.

Thanks for your king help.

PS: I can order online withing united states.

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 5
Maybe the im03s?

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Alclair Reference (Triple driver), for $400. Review

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Maybe the im03s?

thanks for the recomendation, I totally forgoted those
  Alclair Reference (Triple driver), for $400. Review

that seems very nice! I will check it for details, but I'm afraid of CIEM because sometimes I lend my IEM to someone at the band.

thanks for the tip.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you all for your suggestions, I went with Alclair Reference CIEM.

The wait build time was totally worth it, great isolation and sound quality, exactly what I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back