20% off DVD sale
Jun 19, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #16 of 33
Yeah, the prices with this sale are great - Deepdiscountdvd's normal prices are already 20-30% less than most other places. I jumped on it yesterday and dropped $300+ on an assortment of anime, hentai, and Babylon 5 dvds. May place another order later, too.

I knew about the sale beforehand, so I put all the stuff I wanted in my wishlist the night before (when the website was still running fast). Then, next day I all I had to do was move my wishlist to the shopping cart and place the order, rather than waiting forever for each DVD's page to load.

My order shipped the next day, too. The only way this could be better is if they were a head-fi sponsor
icon10.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #17 of 33
I actually ended up canceling most of my orders. Went a bit overboard.

At one point I must have had over 300 DVDs. Sold off most of them.

Just looked over my remaining DVDs, realized that I still have too many. So decided that I should just have the essentials (no frivolous spendings on DVDs from now on
biggrin.gif
)

But I just couldn't resist the Criterions
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 7:35 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by psxguy85
I'm just curious to see if anyone has recieved their dvds yet, or if they have been shipped. Please reply back on your status.
biggrin.gif

I just received my big box-o'-dvds today at lunchtime
icon10.gif

They shipped my $300+ order within 6-7 hours, which is faster than any of the non-sale orders I've placed with them in the past. My only complaint with DDD is that when I order boxsets, the boxes have a dinged corder or two > 50% of the time. Their packaging leaves much to be desired - no bubble wrap, foam, or packing peanuts; just DVDs stacked up in a single cardboard box. On this order, at least my prettiest box came in ding free, and the 2nd prettiest box had only a minor ding. Can't complain about the prices, but I'd be willing to pay $3 more for some bubble wrap.

Jun 22, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #20 of 33
What day did you order your Giganto box-o-dvds? Wow, the fact that they don't package very well is making me very hesitant about ordering from them again....We'll see though....we'll see.
blink.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 7:47 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by psxguy85
What day did you order your Giganto box-o-dvds? Wow, the fact that they don't package very well is making me very hesitant about ordering from them again....We'll see though....we'll see.
blink.gif

I ordered early Friday morning, around 3am Eastern time. Discs in plastic cases always come in fine; it's stuff with nice but ding-able cardboard artboxes that's at risk. But hey, at these prices I got several Vol 1 + Art Box combos for less than the price of the disc alone elsewhere, so I took the risk.

Edit: Lol, thanks to this sale my backlog of unwatched DVDs now stands at around 65 discs. Luckily I have a week off coming up. Screw the beach, I'm going to spend some tender moments with my DVD collection instead
icon10.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 7:49 AM Post #22 of 33
I ordered on Sunday and they haven't yet started packaging my order nor have they yet charged my card according to my account info. I paid for 2-5 day shipping, I'm hoping it gets shipped soon so it can be here by Saturday or next Monday at the latest.

Jun 22, 2004 at 7:53 AM Post #23 of 33
I ordered:

The Way Home
From Beijing with Love
Open your eyes

Also wanted to pick up Tricky Master, but it kept giving me a coldfusion error for some reason..

Jun 22, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #24 of 33
damned ampgalore, i dropped $300 on these damned things. 26 dvds, 10 aren't criterion releases. i'm excited though, and i'm stopping myself from buying any more dvds for at least a month or two heh.

Jun 22, 2004 at 8:22 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
I ordered:

The Way Home
From Beijing with Love
Open your eyes

Also wanted to pick up Tricky Master, but it kept giving me a coldfusion error for some reason..

¿Abre los Ojos en español, no? No es una pelicula muy bueno en inglés.

Jun 22, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
¿Abre los Ojos en español, no? No es una pelicula muy bueno en inglés.

Si, es Abre los Ojos.
At least I'm hoping it is. I'm all about the foreign films. I hear The Way Home is especially good. For the grandmother, they even cast an old lady from the rural village that the film is set in, who is 70 something years old, never been an actress let alone ever seen a TV, yet was amazingly good.

Jun 25, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #27 of 33
I just received my dvds. Surprisingly the box came in perfect condition, and the dvds inside were excellent with no dents on the box sets either. They will get my business again, even when its not on sale.

Jun 25, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #28 of 33
I got my criterions yesterday. Everything came in great condition. Dam, this sale has cost me BIG bucks!

My poor wallet, otherwise I would have had the money to get that SR-71 I have been drooling over...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back