20 dollar headphones that sound like audiotechnica a900's!
Mar 27, 2005 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

absolutofft

Head-Fier
Ok out of the box these sound exactly like what you would expect 20 dollar headphones to sound like, muddy and bassy and quite veiled. However after i had turned the bass down and the treble up (in the sound control panel) a very pleasant sound signature was revealed! The build quality is pretty crappy and they feel extremely light but the sound quality for 20 bux can't be beat.

I got them at canadian superstore
this phone number is on the box for if you have any questions: 1-888-495-1111, since they don't seem to be anywhere on the internet, maybe you could buy them from there

You will need some way to equalize these for them to sound good.
edit: Upon discovering that these look just like the audiotechnica ath-ad10 i made a comparison sheet
comparison.jpg

ACCURA SR-660
headphones.jpg

Mar 27, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 70
!! And I thought 3D Wings was patented by Audio Technica... What's more they do look like the open ATs as well!

Mar 27, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 70
I thought that this thread title was a tribute to some of the absurd requests we hear.

"i want some phones that sound like k1000, but are closed, portable and cost under $50"

Mar 27, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by crypt@
!! And I thought 3D Wings was patented by Audio Technica... What's more they do look like the open ATs as well!

I agree .. where'd you get them? I Googled ACCURA SR-660 and got 1 hit about the Accura Medical Lab.

I want a pair!

Mar 27, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaack
Anything can sound good with some good EQing..

I most definitely disagree!!!!!!! I have some headphones that sound like **** no matter what you do to them.

I got them at canadian superstore

edit: I just looked at the picture of the open air audiotechnicas, WOW these look extremely similar, even have the velour pads

Mar 27, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #9 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
I agree .. where'd you get them? I Googled ACCURA SR-660 and got 1 hit about the Accura Medical Lab.

I want a pair!

Yes, where do you get them? I have $20 to burn and these do look interesting.
lambda.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #12 of 70
perhaphs you could go back to that canadian store of yours an buy a few more pairs, then put them on the FS fourms and share your new discovery (and also allow other members to post there opinions on these phones)
icon10.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #13 of 70
Better get them before Audio Technica sues them for copyright violations. Clearly a cheap knockoff.

Jul 2, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #14 of 70
Hey I just picked up these AT Knockoffs at Big Lots for 8$ US! They are called the Accura SR-660 Even with no EQ'ing they sound pretty damn good! They have nice deep bass and a nice midrange. They sound like full-size versions of the Marshmallows. If you are looking for some light knock around headphones, and you have a Big Lots near you, you should check them out!

Jul 2, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #15 of 70
This thread is pretty much this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=248357&page=8

I have some cans that are exactly the same as these, with the velour pads and the wings, but they are closed and they sound crap. I think I might need to drill some holes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back