2 Years of Burn In
Oct 16, 2012 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Wyatta4

Head-Fier
So I am going on an LDS Mission and I will be away for two years.

A thought accourd to me-
What would two years straight of burn in do to a headphone? Would it fry it? Would my source kill over?

It would be fun to test..

Just curious as to what would happen... I know I wouldnt be able to tell a difference because any source is going to sound good when I get back from two years of no music!

But anyways, discuss! :D

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 9
At best, it's a waste of power.

Stay home and listen to your music.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 9
I don't even understand what do you mean 2 years. Non-stop 24-7-365 playing music on headphones? I think other electronic components may fail, and the diaphragm will fail before you know.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
I don't even understand what do you mean 2 years. Non-stop 24-7-365 playing music on headphones? I think other electronic components may fail, and the diaphragm will fail before you know.

The diaphragm shouldn't fail just as long as music is being played at it's loudest.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #8 of 9
I would have thought that continuous use for 2 years would be equivalent to several product lifespans......

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I would have thought that continuous use for 2 years would be equivalent to several product lifespans......

As would I. Kind of like how the TVs in best buy are left on all day for months and are done in much sooner than otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back