2 inputs on a struggling STAX headphone amplifier?? ... and Stax 009's on 007tII?
Jul 11, 2011 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

driggs

Head-Fier
Hello - new here, thought I'd start off by asking...

Why are there 2 outputs on my Stax 007tII amplifier when all the power is needed just to drive one set of SR007 (Omega II) headphones??    Aren't all electrostatic headphones power-hungry, meaning you'll never put 2 headsets on just one amp???  

Also, I can actually hear that the 007tII is struggling with my Omega II's and I have the SR009's on order hoping that their extra sensitivity will mean that the 007tII is a perfect match.  Any one have any experience on this match and any views on whether my assumption is correct?  I mean, I know that there are other amps out there (e.g. Woo) but was hoping that the 009's are much better with the 007tII than the Omegas....

Cheers!

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Welcome to Head-Fi!

If you post this in The Stax Thread in the High-End Forum you will get a better response.  Most people there feel the SRM-007 is inadequate for the Omega II.  I'm in the minority and find it just fine (I also have an SRM-717).  Many people in the Stax thread favor the HeadAmp Stax amps over the Woo, but there are supporters of both.

By the way, those two jacks of the front are outputs (not inputs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back