2 Chainz Tests The Orpheus.
Nov 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MrTechAgent

Member of the Trade: Kaldas Research

Yeah..I don't if you guys have seen this but its pretty funny.

The title is pretty obnoxious "2 Chainz Tests Out $30K Headphones That Put Beats by Dre to Shame - GQ’s Most Expensivest S***"
I mean ******* really?
Also the owner apparently bought it for $6000 which is pretty good.
Good for him, lucky man.

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 5
Damn, his music really is ****, ain't it? And I say this as a lifelong rap fan. He's maybe even worse than Fresh Kid Ice. 

That tube amp is an absolute thing of beauty. 

http://i.imgur.com/sctR1oe.jpg

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry to bring this old thread back to life, but I have a bet going that we'll reach 1 Million views on YouTube and we're stuck in the mid 800K's.

So help fellow Head-Fi'ers out and watch directly on YouTube, not elsewhere, or just click to help us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7hdB32_miw

Many of you know that it's me doing the demo, and Kerry (not on camera) did the set-up.  We were invited by Senn via GQ.  I worked closely with the techs at Senn to restore this formerly lost (by an audio store in Canada) but never used unit.

Rights and permissions problems in the commercial recording world prevented us from listening to really good music on camera, we had no choice but to only use 2Chainz's stuff.

Off camera we auditioned many fine tracks.  2Chainz is way smarter than you think -- it's all an act.  Sorry most of you don't like his rap (he has done a few gems, though -- if you know, you know).

The story of this unit's discovery and the frenzy that followed was fully discussed here on Head Fi years ago.  I was very lucky, in the right place at the right time.

Although in general bested by 007's or 009's powered by a BHSE, the Orph is amazing, and on some tracks it beats everything (we have had lots of mini-meets to put this proposition to the test over the years).

Listening to the SACD of the live recording of Sympathy For The Devil on the Orph will change your life.  Ditto for (certain recordings of) Orff and Handel massive choral works.  Huge soundstages, gigantic halls, strong vocals over layered instrumentation ... you will get goosebumps.  For female vocals or jazz or studio album rock, Stax wins every time.  But this has been said here over-and-over, so forget all this and CLICK THE LINK.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back