2.1 speakers for around 200?
Nov 10, 2015 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

insertwordshere

Head-Fier
HI everyone~~

As my family is moving to a bigger home, I get a bigger room (don't judge me i'm 14 and i love music <--i play music too).
i can purchase some nice 2.1 speakers for movies and music.
I mainly listen to hard rock and metal. I prefer a neutral sound. I am COMPLETELY not interested in bass that distorts everything.
As my budget limits me to 2.1 speakers instead of adding a sub later on (i don't think good subs sells below $200), that's the only stuff i can purchase.
But for music, i have my headphones. i'll mainly use these speakers for movie-watching and playing battlefield (BOOM BOOM JEEPS FTW!!!!). so floor rumbling bass is necessary.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

i am interested in creative 2.1 wireless speakers.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 13
You can get decent subwoofers for under $100, like those from Dayton.  Check out 2.1 speaker sets from Klipsch, they have some fairly well regarded models.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 13
It's a shame that both dayton and klipsch is unavaliable in Hong Kong. i'm not gonna buy anything from amazon/ebay as shipping's crazy expensive.
has anyone heard any logitech or creative 2.1 models?

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #4 of 13
You will not get "floor rumbling bass" from creative or logitech speakers that cost $200. That requires a bigger sub than the mini subs that come with most desktop multimedia speakers.

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 13
Lol, not "literally" floor rumbling. Just want it to rock something.
Dayton and klipsch isn't available in hk here. Shipping is literally very expensive. Probably more expensive than the speakers themselves.

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 13
Lol, not "literally" floor rumbling. Just want it to rock something.
Dayton and klipsch isn't available in HK here. Shipping is literally very expensive. Probably more expensive than the speakers themselves.

Any other brands around besides Creative & Logitech?

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #9 of 13
There's Microlabs, Edifier, m audio and Cambridge Audio, Audioengine... yeah. That's it.

Do you see any of their products in your price range?
Can you list the models (in the price range)?

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #10 of 13
for creative, the most expensive one i can afford is the gigaworks t3. but the lack of tweeters is a huge problem for me.

How is the cambridge audio sx50? i would like to buy that, but i don't have a receiver. the speakers will be plugged into my pc, on my asus xonar u5 sound card. is it active? i don't want to buy another amp. but even if i have to, i'll get a dirt cheap, lepai amp. Is it okay for me to play music even without an audio receiver? i have my PC as a media central, i have a dac, and an amp.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #11 of 13
The SX50 is a far better speaker than any desktop multimedia speaker setup in your budget range.

A Lepai t-amp will work fine for moderately loud volumes. So good way to get your setup going, and then one day get a receiver if you want more volume.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #12 of 13
The SX50 is a far better speaker than any desktop multimedia speaker setup in your budget range.

A Lepai t-amp will work fine for moderately loud volumes. So good way to get your setup going, and then one day get a receiver if you want more volume.

Thanks!
I'll get the sx50. About receivers? Maybe I'll skip it. The system is insid my room. Which isn't very big. Moderate volumes can fill my room with sound.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #13 of 13
I went to the furniture store today. And turns out, I can't get bookshelf speakers to fit on my desk. What about satellite speakers? The model I'm interested in is creative gigaworks t3. Is it a speaker of good quality instead of "audiophile" buy me speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back