2.0 active speaker with magical mids/vocal ?
May 10, 2015 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

oopeteroo

500+ Head-Fier
im wondering if there is such a thing for speakers, a speaker with magical vocal/mids ?
i mean hd650 have magical mids/vocal when it comes to headphones :p

then i wonder if there such a thing with speaker and which is it ?:p

also if i want to buy a pair of 2.0 speakers for 300 usd which one will get me best vocal for the money ?

May 11, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 31
im wondering if there is such a thing for speakers, a speaker with magical vocal/mids ?
i mean hd650 have magical mids/vocal when it comes to headphones

$300 is probably a bit weak of a budget to equal the SQ of your HD650s. Don't set your expectations too high :)

If you are in the US, JBL LSR305s are considered excellent nearfield monitors for the money. But since you said "300 usd" I'm guessing you aren't in the US. Best value will vary by country due to variations in pricing and product availability.

May 11, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 31
$300 is probably a bit weak of a budget to equal the SQ of your HD650s. Don't set your expectations too high
smily_headphones1.gif

If you are in the US, JBL LSR305s are considered excellent nearfield monitors for the money. But since you said "300 usd" I'm guessing you aren't in the US. Best value will vary by country due to variations in pricing and product availability.

yeah i know lsr305 is pretty popular here in headfi :p but here in sweden it cost around 337usd, i really want them....but the price is a bit too much, as i usually use headphones mostly.

May 12, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 31
  yeah i know lsr305 is pretty popular here in headfi :p but here in sweden it cost around 337usd, i really want them....but the price is a bit too much, as i usually use headphones mostly.

You might as well just save the US$37 for the JBLs if they're that good, if I was in a similar situation that amount of money just means "no steak or raw tuna/salmon (that I can actually eat raw) for two or three weeks." Everything else looks cheap but will likely hit you on the shipping costs anyway.

May 12, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 31

If you're based in Sweden, you can look at Simple Audio Listen auction at eBay. The guy in Sweden is selling them new for 159 USD, while initial MSRP for those was 499 USD :).

May 12, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 31

If you're based in Sweden, you can look at Simple Audio Listen auction at eBay. The guy in Sweden is selling them new for 159 USD, while initial MSRP for those was 499 USD :).

hehe they were around 120 usd on sale here in sweden :p

anyone listen to  PreSonus Ceres 3.5 or Samson MediaOne BT4 or bt5 ?

May 12, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #8 of 31
120?! Hahahaha! I've heard they play really nice (pretty close to B&W MM-1, which is quite a recommendation), but this has to be the most overpriced product ever :).

May 13, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #11 of 31
  if i buy 1x JBL LSR305 will i enjoy it ?:p

Music is recorded in stereo, not mono. You'll be listening to just one side of the recording (left or right).

or is there something like LSR305 little brother ?:p

The Monoprice monitors are supposed to be pretty good, though I haven't heard them; I owned the Swans D1080MkII 08 before, and it was definitely good - a little to the warm side but not too bad for the price (bass was fantastic too). Problem is the shipping on either to where you are will add about 50% at least to their price if they aren't available from a dealer in your country, so might as well save up for the JBLs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back