2.0 active speaker with magical mids/vocal ?
May 17, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #17 of 31
  i dont listen to very high volume and my room is quite small, is the jbl 305 still to the go ? or will there be better choice, cheaper ?

Like I said...from the looks of it anything "cheaper" will probably

1. Cost you a lot for shipping to your area
2. Not be as good as the JBLs, even if also pro monitors
3. Not be pro monitors at all, and could be speakers that use smaller mid/low drivers, so less bass extension, less impact, less response in the frequencies that carry the rhythm... 

May 18, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #18 of 31

i heard they makes sounds when on and not used is it true ?

Don't know, don't have them yet, but 95% of monitors do. It's just more or less audible, depending on the model. You'd have to check for yourself if it's acceptable for you or not.

May 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #19 of 31

Like I said...from the looks of it anything "cheaper" will probably

1. Cost you a lot for shipping to your area
2. Not be as good as the JBLs, even if also pro monitors
3. Not be pro monitors at all, and could be speakers that use smaller mid/low drivers, so less bass extension, less impact, less response in the frequencies that carry the rhythm... 

yeah i guess.....prolly just me that making up excuses to not buy the 305 because of the price lol

May 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #21 of 31
yeah i guess.....prolly just me that making up excuses to not buy the 305 because of the price lol

also a side question. is there a way to remove the grills on PreSonus Ceres bluetooth speakers ?

If you are worried about best value for your money in audio quality, bluetooth speakers are generally not the way to go.

May 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #24 of 31
I think I read you are in EU, maybe you will find this link interesting: http://www.thomann.de/gb/active_nearfield_monitors.html?filter=true&feature-9050%5B0%5D=1x%204%22

also some people rage about Emotiva monitors and the KRK VXT4s are pretty popular for indie bedroom DJ's.

Really only way you can low the size is to go for a 4" driver, but you may be wanting a sub later as this kind of size studio monitor is generally created to work in line with a sub :wink:

May 25, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #25 of 31
  finally got a chance to see the 305, sadly its a little big for my desk. Whats the 2nd best speaker that is a little smaller than 305 ?

Really, the JBL LSR305's are the way to go. Save if you need to, get a bigger desk, make some monitor stands with a 4x4, plywood, and a circular saw. They do great on the mids. I have a pair and I highly recommend them. They almost sound as good to me as my Dynaudios, which says a lot because the Dyns were 3x the price. They're a fantastic value.

May 25, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #26 of 31
I think I read you are in EU, maybe you will find this link interesting: http://www.thomann.de/gb/active_nearfield_monitors.html?filter=true&feature-9050%5B0%5D=1x%204%22

also some people rage about Emotiva monitors and the KRK VXT4s are pretty popular for indie bedroom DJ's.

Really only way you can low the size is to go for a 4" driver, but you may be wanting a sub later as this kind of size studio monitor is generally created to work in line with a sub :wink:

+1

I thought the Emotiva 4s had good mids. Might be a bit expensive in the EU.

Oct 31, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #29 of 31
I guess the reply is very late but as far as I can tell Cr4/3 both have magical vocal/mids and are amazing speakers.

Both have clear and very 'articulated' vocal (esp. Towards the higher end of mids) which I enjoy a lot. I actually have RL906s in the same room and would not heisitate to say that they share many traits with CR3/4 esp in terms of vocal/mids:)

Lsr 305s are actually weak in this very perspective, noticabley less clear/detailed for vocal/mids when A/Bed against RL906.

Of course the bass for CR4/3 is not good (it is kind of there, but If you are familar with good bass response you'd probably want to it to not be there to ruin the otherwise fine mids) but that is limited by physical size.

All in all if clear and detailed mids is what you enjoy you probably want to given them a try, cheaper than remote/stand/pad for some monitors, nothing to loss:wink:

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #30 of 31
I guess the reply is very late but as far as I can tell Cr4/3 both have magical vocal/mids and are amazing speakers.

Both have clear and very 'articulated' vocal (esp. Towards the higher end of mids) which I enjoy a lot. I actually have RL906s in the same room and would not heisitate to say that they share many traits with CR3/4 esp in terms of vocal/mids:)

Lsr 305s are actually weak in this very perspective, noticabley less clear/detailed for vocal/mids when A/Bed against RL906.

Of course the bass for CR4/3 is not good (it is kind of there, but If you are familar with good bass response you'd probably want to it to not be there to ruin the otherwise fine mids) but that is limited by physical size.

All in all if clear and detailed mids is what you enjoy you probably want to given them a try, cheaper than remote/stand/pad for some monitors, nothing to loss:wink:

thanks i really love vocal/mids, was actually saving for the jbl 305 but think i will need to rethink :p i just bought a scarlett 2i4 .....but seems cr4/5 will be out with bluetooth soon....the only sad thing is the green light is such a turn off :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back