1st Tube Amp - suggestions
Apr 28, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #31 of 35
I'm using an ODAC & it sounds great but I haven't heard anything else & there may be better options.

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #32 of 35
I am using Audio Gd Ref. 7.1, i think sounds great too. But i don't roll dacs too often, you can say i only hear that with Ember, no other dacs. Altough i also have audio gd nfb2, i sheldom use that.

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #33 of 35
Hi I am looking into getting my first tube amp, but am not sure how they compare to solid state amps. I have been told that they sound more warm, could someone please confirm and include any other differences please. I use the HiFiMan HE-400i and Fostex TH600

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #34 of 35
  Actually myself personally do not want to be dependent to NOS tubes cos I am worried I like the sound too much, one day all those tubes dissapear, I will be sad :)

New build tubes doesn't sound too bad actually, at least for me.  I heard some old tubes for Darkvoice 337 sound better, like TS 5998, TS 6SJ7 mesh plate, but they are so rare and expensive, I won't bother spending too much money for NOS.
With those new production tubes, I don't have to even worry about turning on and turning off my tube amps cos I know I can get replacement tubes readily anytime, everytime, with the same sound.

I bought mine with additional super charger module installed though.  Hope it doesn't make mine obsolete too fast.

may i ask you how your Ember fare versus your Leben amp ?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back