1st post. just wanted to say hi
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

mutzz

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm new here. Just started the journey. Its been interesting so far. I started out being satisfied with some cheapo headphones. But that cant satisfy me anymore.

Few months back i bought an MS1 pairing it with D2 viper.

Recently, i found the MS1 quite tiring to listen to for long periods of time. I hope the community here could recommend me something less straining.
atsmile.gif

I listen to rock, and a bit of jazz. I like vocals too and i love a huge soundstage. Please recommend me some headphones..

thx

Apr 17, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 20
AD700s may be what you are looking for. Non-Fatiguing sound with good vocals and soundstage.

Apr 18, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 20
you might want to try some mod's on those MS-1's, I just asked rds to make me another pair of distancers so it might be easy for him to crank out two pair... distancers allow use of the fully circumaural GS1000 pads, really brings out the soundstage and completely eliminated the harshness I got from high range vocals and other high punchy stuff. The jmoney audio wood cups balance them well and add a bit of clarity, and come with a comfy lambskin headband....

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #11 of 20
Mods. i've read before. Adding distancers. They call it the MS1000. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Mine is recabled. The vocals are much better now.

I'm set on AD700. Will hunt for one. Do you need an amp for it? Is my d2 viper sufficient?

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #12 of 20
I found using reverse quarter modded HD414 pads really made them less fatiguing for me.

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mutzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mods. i've read before. Adding distancers. They call it the MS1000. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Mine is recabled. The vocals are much better now.

I'm set on AD700. Will hunt for one. Do you need an amp for it? Is my d2 viper sufficient?

Another vote for the AD700. No you don't need an amp for them so your D2 will be fine.

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mutzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh.. i'm new. didnt know bout the minimum post? thanks for the info..

My wallet will gonna take a beating.. haha

Will try to look for ad700

Run Whilst you can....
evil_smiley.gif

ps..

I just noticed this smiley
deadhorse.gif
.. what on earth is going on here ??

Some guy spanking a horse with stick , and the horse seems to like it ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back