1st March 2008 Scotland Meet
Feb 24, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #61 of 98
It looks like the electrostats will be in one room
biggrin.gif

The 740c will be hooked up to the DAC1. The 740c will directly source the 006t, which will give off a loop-out to the 717 (or vice versa). The DAC1 will feed the Egmont(?) or one of the Stax amps.

piotr z's MHZS will directly feed the WooAudio, digital out to a separate DAC (another DAC1 or DPA Little Bit) which will feed any of the other amps.

The iPods can be hooked up to some amps. (Seriously guys, they're much better than you think!)

I also have a spare cheapo DVD/CD player that is a surprisingly good transport which can feed the leftover DAC. I don't have any spare digital cables so if you have a digital coaxial/optical lying around, please bring it with you!

Feb 24, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #63 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
piotr z's MHZS will directly feed the WooAudio, digital out to a separate DAC (another DAC1 or DPA Little Bit) which will feed any of the other amps.

incorrect
biggrin.gif
- should be - piotr z's Marantz SA-1 will directly feed the WooAudio, MHZS digital out to a separate DAC (another DAC1 or DPA Little Bit) which will feed any of the other amps.

Feb 24, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #64 of 98
I am happy to suggest about picking anyone up from the bus station HOWEVER, myself and paul (Bizzel) have a journey which is estimated to take 7 hours, plus any breaks I could be looking at a 9 hour journey, which in all honestly I would not be looking to extend that by picking people up unless I feel up to it.

I will post my mobile number up later in the week, so on the day you can call or text me and I will let you know if I will be able to pick you up or not

EDIT: I will also bring as many cables as I can, I only have one Cambridge Audio lead, but the others will work if anyone needs any

Feb 25, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #67 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Little Bit went AWOL unfortunately
frown.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #68 of 98
Bizzel you're bringing a squeezebox. I've got one too, can you hook up two at once to the same laptop?

Feb 29, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #71 of 98
if someone has an extra 6mm to 3mm jack converter thatd be great, cos I can only find one of mine.

Feb 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #72 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if someone has an extra 6mm to 3mm jack converter thatd be great, cos I can only find one of mine.

No prob, i can bring 2 converters (Grado & Senn)

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #73 of 98
I should probably be more clear because that wording is stupid in its ambiguity. I need to plug a minijack into a full size jack socket. Not the big into the small.

Packing up my case atm, maybe mine will reveal itself anyway. Its in order to use the Surrounder with a DVD player.

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #74 of 98
I've got something like it - not very audiophile quality
biggrin.gif
though ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back