1st March 2008 Scotland Meet
Feb 23, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #46 of 98
Duggeh sounds like a porridge dude.

Feb 23, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #48 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duggeh sounds like a porridge dude.

I like it but cant eat it. Porridge is like concrete for the bowels, clogs you right up. Worse than couscous. Weetabix keeps you regular.

Feb 23, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #49 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by super2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my friend informs me today that he postpones his travel plan until next month, so I have to travel to Edin alone, but I will try my best to bring as many gears as I can.

Where abouts you travelling from? And how were you going to get to Edin now?

Feb 23, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #50 of 98
By this time next week the meet should be in full swing, cant wait should be a lot of fun
biggrin.gif

All this talk of cereals is making me hungry, time for some good old cornflakes.

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #51 of 98
I've now got an invite to a birthday party in edinburgh that night so I may well vanish off later on.

Feb 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #52 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aj- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where abouts you travelling from? And how were you going to get to Edin now?

I will leave from Aberdeen by bus (megabus) at 8:35, and arrive at Edin bus station (St Andrew Square) at around 12:00. Is that possible somebody picks me up at Edin bus station if you pass by Princes Street or city centre?

Feb 24, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #53 of 98
Driving along Princes street is a no-stopping prospect. Even if you come over the bump from Queens street pasts the bus station (which you might not be able to do at the minute because there were some some roadworks about there last time I was there.)

In fact the entire Edinburgh city centre road network is designed to be as driver unfriendly as possible. It pushes all traffic away from prices street area, outwards to anywhere else really hard. Watch you don't miss your junction is the rule.

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #54 of 98
don’t even know that there are some roadworks on Queen Street at the moment, is that possible to get a cab at bus station? If not, it seems like I have to take No. 8 bus instead.

I will bring two amps, K1000, various tubes, cables, but won’t bring Stax-007 and HE60 as milkpowder and duggeh have these two cans.

milkpowder, does your Cambridge 740C have XLR balanced outputs? If not, then I will bring benchmark dac-1, using your CD-player as a transport through coaxial/digital-audio jack, as Stax-007 sounds more open and transparent if using XLR connection.

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #55 of 98
You'll be able to get a cab at the bus station. I'll also pinch my dads TomTom, and that might make it easier to come pick people up. I won't be in Edinburgh until after noon though. That's the kicker. I fact, I hope I'm not hungover, I've got a house party on the Friday.

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #56 of 98
The 740c doesn't have balanced outputs and you're welcome to use the digital out.

I hope the transportation works out for all of you who will be coming! Getting a cab shouldn't be a problem and like Duggeh said, it's not possible to drive on Princes Street. However, the road directly parallel to/behind it, George Street, can be used. George Street is connected to St. Andrew Square.

George Street -> St Andrew Square -> St Andrew Street -> Princes Street -> North Bridge, etc....

Route

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #57 of 98
I'll be going iPod and dock for digital source. Bringing my pc or faffing around with the Squeezebox just isn't worth the headache.

Feb 24, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #58 of 98
my MHZS have XLR outputs and I don't think I'll be using it with Woo4 and W5000 - so You are welcome to use it for 007

Feb 24, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #59 of 98
-> duggeh and milkpowder, thanks for your information, I will bring benchmark dac-1 and use 740C as a CD transport for 007.

-> piotr-z, I am not familiar with MHZS CD-player, but I did read some reviews on the internet, saying it sounds warm and euphoric, if this is the case, I think it might go well with the K1000 setup.

Feb 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #60 of 98
i think that milkpowder can confirm coz we hooked up MHZS in to his amp at UK meet and was rather neutral - but we'll see
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back