1st-ever Kansas City Meet!
Aug 18, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #16 of 47
I am totally up for doing something, though I would really like for one of my friends who ordered some Sennheiser HD-650s to get them to add to the collection for the meet. Sennheiser is having issues with their stock due to the fire at their Ireland facilities in May. But, of course, having a number of these wouldn't bother me.

So, I am willing to do just about anything to make this come together. Are we thinking we want to meet at someone's house? If so, I think we could meet at my place in Leawood, KS. Unfortunately, there would be no stereo there to listen to, but so long as someone brings a good cd player, or I can bring my Denon one, this shouldn't be an issue. How do you all feel about meeting September 4th or 5th (those are a Saturday and a Sunday). Who prefers Saturdays to Sundays? (No ice cream jokes plz
biggrin.gif
) Anyways, I am amenable to just about any weekend that works where we can get at least 4 people together.

I can bring my Denon cd player, PPA amp, Grado RS-1s and Grado SR-125s. I also have some other odd assortments of headphones. I listen to a wide variety of music, but a lot of techno. So, if you want to listen to something else, you might bear that in mind
rs1smile.gif
Though I do have a large selection of some other interesting music I picked up from a friend over the summer who is into some crazy metal <insert bad word that starts with 's' and ends with what you do to a baseball>. Argh, okay, that is just wrong, I am listening to a new cd I bought and the word screw was bleeped out on it. And it was an integral part of the lyrics...it was so weird to hear it missing...there it goes again just having a beep noise...oh man what has the world come to!

Aug 22, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #17 of 47
Hey big daddy,

I'd be more than happy to meet.

I got nothing but a pair of ety's, a cdp and a supermicro for the Moday/Friday airplane flight.

I'm more interested in hearing other equipment as I'm interested in auditioning before I shell out money.

Let me know if you want to get together. I'll bring the beer.

I live in Westport and am usually gone during the week.

ilikemonkeys (@) birch (dot) net

thanks,
BILL

Sep 10, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #18 of 47
Okay, folks, the REAL Bill in Kansas is ready to step up to the plate and host some listening in Lawrence, KS. The plastic Bill in Kansas is welcome. You must not be alergic to cats, or have some good drugs for yourself for allergies.
I'll provide one case of beer.

How about a Saturday afternoon, say October 9, maybe 3:00 PM or so??

Here's my pile of stuff for the mix: (nothing esoteric, but all functional)
Beyer DT 880 (ordering them this week)
Sennheiser HD 555
Sennheiser HD 280
Creek OBH 11 w/ upgraded power supply
Marantz 1060 amp
Luxman L-430 amp
Rane ME 15 EQ
Kenwood 1050 MD Minidisc deck
Sony cdp XE400 CD deck
Technics SLD2 turntable w/ adequate cartridge (my V15 type IV is busted)
Many CD's: classical esp. orchestral and organ, jazz, some celtic, little rock.

Show up or no more whining in KC!

B in K

Sep 13, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #20 of 47
I hope we can get some folks together. I'd really like to hear some Grados - never tried a pair, and also some Senn 580/600/650 series, if anyone can bring them. I'm looking forward to some Beyer DT 880s and comparing them to other good stuff. Portable stuff is cool too - I haven't seen much of that.

BK

Sep 13, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #22 of 47
I'll keep the critters out, if anyone has a bad problem with cats. We'll set up in the basement rec room where the cats don't go very often. I'll vacuum the place before the party. I don't want to scare anyone off.

BK

Sep 19, 2004 at 12:48 AM Post #24 of 47
No critters allowed if Austonia wants to come.

Your critter would get his ass kicked anyway.
BK

Sep 23, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #25 of 47
OK, we need more than two HF'ers!

lets get the game on!

I'll bring lots of pizza and beer if more than 2 people show up!!!!!!!!!!

test me!

BILL

Sep 23, 2004 at 6:06 AM Post #27 of 47
OK folks, I'll send out PMs in the coming days to all who have responded.
I am in Lansing MI, headed for PA. MD, OH & probably BFE.

The new DT 880's are really something!

BK

Sep 23, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #28 of 47
Forgot to say what I could bring.

Sony CD3000
Senn HD595
Koss KSC35
Senn HD280Pro

40GB 4G iPod

self-built Apheared A47 transportable amp
self-built PPA w/ STEPS PSU

Also, depending on when we have it, my modded Tosh 3950 CD player might be ready, I should have it done by the end of next week.

-Jason

Sep 24, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #30 of 47
Lets go for it. Saturday, October 9, 3:00 PM, Lawrence KS. I'll be in touch.
Some good bake-offs in the mix - HD555 vs HD595; CD3000 vs DT880 - we're gonna have a good time with all of our stuff.

BK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back