1st-ever Kansas City Meet!
Mar 24, 2004 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 47
I'd definitely be up for it. I don't have a lot of gear to look forward too though. I could bring my AKG 271S cans (most likely with a ZU cable by then), Headsave Pimeta amp, and NAD C521BEE CD player. I could have some more gear by then too, but don't count on it.

Mar 27, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 47
I'm here in Westport and I'd love to check out some of hte stuff. I dont have much, but I can bring my Ety's, my Xin Micro and a couple ic's. tiny inventory, but it does the job for me.

I trade live concerts, so I can bring hundreds of shows if anyones interested.

BILL

May 3, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #6 of 47
you guys missed the best head-fi meet that never happened
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 47
I would really like to have a KC meet. I am sure there are at least 10 ppl out there who should be in the KC area and willing to bring some gear so that we could all sample different sounds. I would be up for meeting in either the KC or the Lawrence area. I just went and listened to the new Musical Fidelity X-Can v3 with some Grado RS-2s over at Audioport. If anyone has hookups maybe Audioport would let us borrow it for a weekend. Or heck, maybe we could all meet there...I dunno how "friendly" they are about things like that. I could bring my Grado SR-125s and Grado RS-1s and I am getting an AOS PPA amp that is pretty tricked out next week in the mail. I would also be willing to host a get together. If we do something, it would be nice to try to do it within the next month just so it wouldn't interfere too much with my teaching/learning as a TA at KU.

Jul 26, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #9 of 47
Let's talk about a KC area meet. I'm in Lawrence, KS, just 35 or so miles from KC. I have a few things of my own equipment wise, although not the very highest end stuff. One thing that I do have is some awesome source material, possibly live, that is if you are into massive pipe organ sound. That is my work.

Jul 26, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #10 of 47
Yeah, I live in Lawrence KS too...right about 15th and Iowa. I am a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) and a Masters student in Computer Science at KU. I have a friend with a pair of Sennheiser 600s and a Musical Fidelity Xcan v2 who would also likely be into coming to any meet we might get together. I think he is considering getting Senn 650s, as it sounds like they are a good upgrade to the 600s. The pair Audioport has for auditioning is currently out of the store at a customers house. Some guy bought a pair and then ripped the cable out of one of the ears of the phones, so they are letting him borrow them while his get repaired. I was like he ripped it out...that guy needs to be a bit more careful with his $450 headphones
rs1smile.gif

Anyways, my new amp should hopefully be here from Canada within the next two weeks. I would totally be up for a meet anytime after I get it in.

Some good source would be nice to listen to. Besides, you don't have to bring listening stuff to come to a meet. The point is to meet others into audio and learn how things sounds, at least that is what I always thought.

Jul 26, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #11 of 47
If you guys can get this planned,I'm sure you could likely get some of the other midwest guys to attend. I'll come if you guys give me enough time to plan and bring some of my gear.

Jul 26, 2004 at 1:36 PM Post #12 of 47
Hmm, so, it seems like there is some good interest here. How do people feel about Saturday, August 21st or Sunday, August 22nd? I am amenable to a wide variety of choices, but in general I think a weekend afternoon would be a fairly ideal time. I would rather get something together before too long so that we don't run into any issues with weird Kansas weather causing havoc. I am really up for anytime in the late August to mid-September time frame.

Aug 8, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #15 of 47
can we PLEASE do it this time!

I'd love to try out some new equipment.

I've just got a pair of ety e4p's and a super micro for my portable and woudl love to audition some fun stuff.

Please let me know when and where. I'm there in a heartbeat.

(the real) BILL in KC.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back