1more Quad Driver
Nov 3, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #46 of 57
1more Quad definitely does not worth the price.
It has very colored sound. The way it represents sound is extremely fake.
It exaggerates kicks in all tracks. Overall, it has blurry and warm sound signature which falsely translate every music track.
Maybe this one's for some clueless pop music listener.

Its exterior design is great although it doesn't have MMCX.

iBasso IT01 sounds more accurate and detailed.

The best IEM I've heard is Mee Audio P1. P1 has 1.5 times more details than 1more Quad.

My source DACs are Dragonfly USB, Onkyo DP-S1, Ruizu A50.

Did you burn then in with the app for the recommended 80 hours?

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #47 of 57
Did you burn then in with the app for the recommended 80 hours?

Yes, this one's fake sounding IEM. It has very blurry and warm sound for all tracks.
It has loud bass and kicks which will enhance some pop / dance tracks.. but it doesn't work for orchestral tracks or any track with complex arrangements.

Mee Audio P1 beats 1more Quad in every detail with its neutral sound signature.

iBasso IT01 is better than 1more Quad although it's not as pleasing as P1.

Audio Technica E40, LS50 are right behind iBasso IT01. They both have slightly false sound signature which incorrectly represents music arrangement.

1more Quad is on par with E40.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #48 of 57
I think 1More Quad worth $70. I'm sure they will adjust their price tag.

1More Quad is now selling for $109 on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/1MORE-Headph..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=DYE4WKWCJ5CYDPAER3VB

1More Quad never worth $199... It's many steps behind MEE Audio's P1.
iBasso's IT01 sound much better than 1More Quad. and iBasso gives you MMCX connection.

For anyone considering 1More Quad, buy iBasso IT01. IT01 ($99) sound way better and more authentic.
1More Quad has fake bass and kicks. I think their "grammy-winning engineering" advertisement is totally fake.
Audio Technica's E40 ($99) could be much better than 1More Quad.
It's a shame... a lot of marketing, fancy exterior design but no authentic sound.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #49 of 57
Bought them for CAD 99.99 ~ USD 73 on amazon deal of the day... For now I can't say anything as they are under burn-in phase 2 through app. 1 thing that's bothering me is the fit, even with the 10mm silicon eartips they dont fit very well. Only 'good-enough' fit is the 11mm foam tips. Maybe I have quite small ears but never had any such issue with other earphones.
They are built like a tank. Wish they had a replaceable wire but at this price I cant complain. Will come back with the impressions when the phases are completed

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #51 of 57
Do you think these headphones will benefit from a DAC? I’m thinking dragonfly black, red or cobalt. I just bought them and really like them but think they could be better with one of the aforementioned DAC’s. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have an iPhone 11 Pro and only play downloaded music from iTunes (I don’t stream as I don’t buy enough music regularly to warrant the monthly fees).

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #52 of 57
Do you think these headphones will benefit from a DAC? I’m thinking dragonfly black, red or cobalt. I just bought them and really like them but think they could be better with one of the aforementioned DAC’s. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have an iPhone 11 Pro and only play downloaded music from iTunes (I don’t stream as I don’t buy enough music regularly to warrant the monthly fees).
No.

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #54 of 57
Any particular reason as to why not?

The apple dongle has crazy accurate measurements and will suffice for 95% of any In Ear Monitor. If you want to buy a powerful DACAMP only for 1more quad drivers (or, tbh, in ear in general) you’re most likely wasting money. It won’t improve the sound and if it will you’ll have to nitpick it and it might be placebo.
If you want to invest money just get another pair of buds.

Apr 23, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #56 of 57
I wrote an in-depth review about the 1More Quad Driver :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/1more-quad-driver-iems-and-stylish-tws.html

1More-Quad-Driver-In-Ear-Headphones-IEMs-Entry-Level-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-20.jpg

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #57 of 57
I'll copy paste the same comment I wrote in the 30pages thread:

Just spent some time with the triple and quad... Same impressions. That thick bass on the quad ruins it. It could of had a warmer and potentially more natural sound, but the triple is where it is at. Neither could compete on my desktop setup, but the triple and my phone love each other. What a fun IEM for $70ish

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back