1more E1001 Triple Driver headphones were named Best Headphones for Summer by Consumer Reports
Jan 8, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #16 of 24
Yes. They have stunning build quality but the y splitter is kind of shady. Also they sound okay for classical. The treble extends quite far and and bass is not overpowering at all. Not a bassy iem. At least thats what I hear. They have 3 drivers in each piece and stuff to account the the lows mids and highs separately but I am just not impressed with the resolution as there are iems around this price that do better. Overall, because of the build quality and the tolerable sound and the price, these are definitely a keeper.

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #17 of 24
Yes. They have stunning build quality but the y splitter is kind of shady. Also they sound okay for classical. The treble extends quite far and and bass is not overpowering at all. Not a bassy iem. At least thats what I hear. They have 3 drivers in each piece and stuff to account the the lows mids and highs separately but I am just not impressed with the resolution as there are iems around this price that do better. Overall, because of the build quality and the tolerable sound and the price, these are definitely a keeper.

Hmm, I would not have recommended them for classical (but you had already ordered them). No matter, they are excellent at this price point! Silicon tips are a must imho - foamies will make the LFs too intrusive and/or the HFs less apparent (again, imho).
I only have an issue with the location of the control unit which unfortunately always gets "hooked" on my shirt's collar... But this is a minor detail and for the price-point, these IEMs are quite impressive
beerchug.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #19 of 24
Many thanks for sharing your experience with the 1more Triple Driver units, Doyhun.
I have been likewise tempted by Costco's pricing.

As someone who mentioned classical as his listening preference, what other IEMs do you enjoy?

My tastes tend toward early polyphonic vocal and chamber music, including baroque. Then again, I love jazz (e.g. Miles Davis), 60-70s rock, funk, and more.
I would prefer my headphones to best present the classical, and then perform well enough for the other genres.

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #20 of 24
I don't exactly have a collection because my parents would be like, "Why do you need another headphone when you already have one?" 
(Check my bio)

However, based on what I read, I would most likely enjoy etymotics, hifimans, and final audio which I highly highly recommend. I have listened to a few sennheisers in ear and over ear but am not impressed. The hd800 were an exception Right now, my inventory is small, but when I go to college, I'm planning on investing more in audio things.

I'm probably planning on getting a ciem such as Unique Melody Miracle, which Tyll from InnerFidelity recommended for classical. I listen mostly to baroque chamber music and choral works. My favorite group is the English Concert with Trevor Pinnock. I also recently discovered a nice choral piece by Tallis called Spem in Alium. Apparently, it's super popular.

Also these have been hot lately in the community. It has interchangeable filters so you're probably guaranteed to get the desired sound.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRKV3TH/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3MG5XBR6UNSQI&coliid=I2HMJ3PEICNEVQ&psc=1

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #22 of 24
These are a no brainer for the price. I think it beats IEMs like my Shure 215. More detail, better soundstage and better balanced sound all round. I tried a pair at Jaben Melbourne, and was super tempted to get them. If only I didn't already have 3 IEMs and a CIEM. Might see if the missus wants a pair :wink:.

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #23 of 24
My GotG 2 "Awesome Mix" setup...:sunglasses:
33417651494_2481557ab3_c.jpg

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #24 of 24
As I'm the new kid on the block,regarding earphones,and own a few,I must say these are !0x's better then most I own,that included the IE800 Sennheiser,which,are IMHO,one of the cheapest earphones made{avoid,like the plague,,if possible},.and outrageously expensive.
idk about all that. 1more tds are good but ie800 is in a way higher league altogether I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back