$1k IEM Recommendation
Apr 3, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #18 of 33
I was seriously considering Blessing 2 (Dusk) but after thorough research ended up with Dunu SA6, and they are amazing, detailed but smooth and balanced all around, never shrill or harsh. Scaling with the source is something I did not expect, sound great with L&P W2, but out of desktop Auralic stack details are just jaw dropping, even better than Clear MG Pro. Using them with AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal tips.
Monarch MKII though is not something I've had experience with though, at double price they are better be good.
Check out Antroid's list, and good collection of IEM reviews from Precog.

Apr 22, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #21 of 33
I'm personally considering the Dunu SA6, Monarch MK2 or Sony M9.

The Blessing 2 (Dusk) were a bit too big fo me, and uncomfortable. Though it seems the Monarch isnt small too.

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #22 of 33
Was looking at Prekog's Kilobuck IEM Shootout, as well as $1000 category in his IEM Buying Guide.
He doesn't seem in big favor of Monarch 2, Moondrop S8 on the other hand gets plenty of praise, cheaper too, but it's not the most deciding factor for me as long as it's under $1K.
I am currently on Dunu SA6, love them, but can probably use something more resolving.
Anyone has both Moondrop S8 and Monarch 2 to provide feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #23 of 33
I would recommend the Meze Advar as a sub-$1000 IEM that I would buy.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #24 of 33
Was looking at Prekog's Kilobuck IEM Shootout, as well as $1000 category in his IEM Buying Guide.
He doesn't seem in big favor of Monarch 2, Moondrop S8 on the other hand gets plenty of praise, cheaper too, but it's not the most deciding factor for me as long as it's under $1K.
I am currently on Dunu SA6, love them, but can probably use something more resolving.
Anyone has both Moondrop SE8 and Monarch 2 to provide feedback?

Thanks in advance.
Actually I've been listening to the Monarch Mk2 with Fiio UTWS5 for a few weeks. They sound awesome... @erockg likes the Moondrop S8 which I'll probably buy. I'll post my impressions once I get them although I'm not what anyone would call an audiophile :)

Aug 9, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #29 of 33
I’ve been listening to “tangerine dream” on Qobuz for over an hour. iPhone 12 Pro Max -> Questyle M15 -> JH Lola (universal). Sounds pretty amazing
Got S8 yet?
I'll probably jump on Monarch MK2, seems like everyone raves about them except Precog, hope they fit.

Aug 10, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #30 of 33
Got S8 yet?
I'll probably jump on Monarch MK2, seems like everyone raves about them except Precog, hope they fit.
I’m actually listening to my MK2s right now. Diana Krall sounds pretty amazing from my iPhone + M15.

The fit for me is amazing and I’d happily pay $400+ just for the cable.

I had them connected to my Fiio UTWS5 but the sound wasn’t all that amazing considering it was like $1,200 worth of gear.

The sound is really good with the M15 but maybe not quite up there with my JH Lola for me. But those were nearly double the price so maybe it’s not a completely fair comparison.

I ordered the Euclid to see how I like those. I do like my LCD-2s and I haven’t tried planar IEMs

I’ll probably still get the S8s though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back