1Gig Shuffles a pain to find
Mar 1, 2006 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HiGHFLYiN9

Member of the Trade: Zynsonix
Yesterday I decided I wanted to try a Shuffle since I just noticed the price drop to $100 and everyone seems to think they are one of the best sounding DAPs out there. I don't really have an MP3 collection so I figured I could rip a few CDs and use the relatively small space the Shuffle has. Lo' and behold these things are sold out everywhere. Strangely whenever I turned around before resellers were trying to ram an iPod down my throat, suddenly now that I want one I can't have it. I tried Target, Circuit City and 2 Walmarts, and according to the website all the local Best Buys are sold out too. Everyone has the 512mb version and that's it. I ended up having to order it online. Strange that Apple let the stock run out when they aren't planning on releasing the new models until June. :p

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 6
Heh, I found a 1 gig shuffle at my gym the other day. Turned it into the office, but I'll check back in a week or two and see if anyone claimed it. Maybe they'll let me have it.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
Heh, I found a 1 gig shuffle at my gym the other day. Turned it into the office, but I'll check back in a week or two and see if anyone claimed it. Maybe they'll let me have it.

Bonus!

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 6
I have been reading about a lot of shuffles being mysteriously found on the road, at the gym, even at a restaurant. You would think people would be more careful with their toys.

Then again, I had a best friend who would have a new digital camera, and he would tell me he "found it on the road". The next week he would have a new web cam, again "found on the road". After he found a dvd player "on the road", I think I figured out what he was up to...

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #5 of 6
I thought the rumor was they were going to introduce a new Shuffle in one month at the big anniversary bash. That would explain why stock is low everywhere.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 6
stock has been low for a while now. it could be them ramping up for a release, but i think a lot of it has to do with the ipod nano. the flash chips are going more towards the nano now (i would guess), especially since it was just released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back