1964 V-6 or Alien G10 IEM
Feb 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sololoud1955

New Head-Fier
I am a little confused about which company to go with and which product to order.  I play on a worship team at church with some great players and sit in from time to time with a band in clubs. I was so pumped about 1964 ears and the V-6, I know people who have 1964 IEM'S and i have heard and read great things about their customer service. I was sold on the V-6 but after my conversation with the 1964 rep I was left confused. Since, I am a guitar player, I ask about the setup of the V-6, such as, are there Low Mid, High Mid drivers in the product ....and so on and so on.  

So here is my question.  I am also confused as to which is a better IEM, the 1964 V-6 or the Alien Ear G-10. To be honest I don't know a lot about IEM's or either one of these companies, other than what I have experience so far with customer service from both companies?  I would really appreciate any help and advice anyone can give me?  Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing everyones response.  

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 8
Maybe 1964 Ears are really annoyed by you asking questions, the answers to which you could find on the V6 product page. I don't understand why people think they can pester these CIEM companies willy nilly, when no one ever talks about harassing companies like Sennheiser or Beyerdynamics. Just because you know a company is small, and putatively forthcoming with their customer service, does not mean you should molest them with your overly-earnest tire-kicking.

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 8
This idea that sound is divided into different ranges that all need specific drivers or that more is always better is ridiculous anyway. It's not how you get a certain level of performance but that you do and Joe consumer shouldn't base his purchase on technology. What difference should it make to you what drivers are used where. Base a purchase on results and reputation. I have some tech knowledge but I bought JH13s because I like the way they sound, period.

You likely asked questions that couldn't be accurately answered without a great deal of time or you possesing more knowledge to comprehend an answer so they politely deferred instead of giving the hyped up sales pitch. Apparently you need to be wined and dined. Alien seems happy to give you that one night stand, just don't expect a second date.

1964 is also noted for post sale service, a bit more so than alien.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/410531/livewires-of-alien-ears
"Just remember you get what you pay for. Alien ears sucks. Poor service, no response. yeah maybe before you buy, but you'll never hear from him again once he has your money. I have been waiting over a month now just for a replacement cord. Go somewhere else, trust me!"

You emailed twice and called them several times to discuss the engineering of their devices when it's already on their page? They are probably just a lot busier than alien and they realize that speaking to you will only make their paying customers wait longer. It's called being responsible. I'd personally be a bit apprehensive about selling customs to someone that needs that much hand holding, anyway.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #4 of 8
I don't think 1964 was annoyed with my questions, I just did not get the answers I was looking for. I have owned my own company for over 22 years and I welcome all questions from potential customers, regardless of the question. I will be the first one to admit that I don't know a lot about IEM, that's why Im asking questions.  Im not out to attack 1964,  I was just simply looking for a little help and someone to point me in the right direction. Hummmmmm.....Just for the record, Im not tire kicking. I already have my ear molds done and will be purchasing a pair this week..........

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #5 of 8
If they get annoyed by a new customer calling with a 10 min phone call, its surely not a company I want to spend my money with.  I have owned my own company for over 22 years and I welcome all questions from potential customers, regardless of the question. I will be the first one to admit that I don't know a lot about IEM, that's why Im asking questions.  Im not out to attack 1964,  I was just simply looking for a little help and someone to point me in the right direction......Hummmm 

If you looking to learn more about IEM in general. You realy should browse around here first than pester the company. Chances are we have more of what you're looking for than the company itself. There's a reason why people like Average Joe or Project 86 have dedicated so much of their time (and money) to writing reviews and guides. If you are just starting out, I'm pretty sure Head-Fi should be able to help you. That said, try searching on your own. Most folks here get pretty annoyed when what you're searching for is on one of the front page threads.

Anyways, i really haven't heard much positive things in regard to Alien ears products anyways. In one story, a person's faceplate completely detached from the shell of their CIEM. 1964 really has been proven in regards product wise and is widely enjoyed by many members here.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Check out Alclair. I think you may find them both personable and with good follow up. What you've done here is promote a vendor with known issues because you didn't research and he had a good pitch.

I appreciate your help and my intentions was not to promote either of these companies but to ask some general questions.  So, I edited my original post in hopes to make this thread more proactive for whoever views it in the future. I am new to Head-Fi and I may have jumped in a little to quick. The good news is, I did get some helpful advice. .....Thanks for that.....

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #8 of 8
i dont get how alien ears catches all this heat there always great for me just sent my molds for a second set for the quad drivers some times they dont pick up just give it 30 min n give em a ring back 80% of the time some one picks up my first set was spot on they got the molds had them built and at my door two weeks later 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back