160GB video DAP from Archos???
Sep 15, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #17 of 18
The Archos 504/604 generation has the best screen clarity resolution, visibility and smoothness of playback so far in the market (in comparison to the new Vision W and the A2). Here's only hoping the A3 and the iPod Video will superceed this but for now, the Archos is an excellent PMP. The 604 has the thinnnest form factor so far that utilizes a 4.3" screen. It's also pretty cheap considering the quality of the screen. Archos gave the buyers the option to choose if you'd want to record by giving the unit a smaller body and a cheaper price. You can buy the accessory to record if you want it. And the recording quality is still the benchmark to beat for a PMP. True, it has lesser battery life than the A2 but it's removable so anybody can have two or three battery spares for long trips (there's even talk of a higher capacity battery coming @ 9.5 hours for video). I may buy the 604 as soon as the wi-fi unit becomes available (ETA this month). With its host feature, I'll store some videos in my thin 120gig hardrive. The 160gig model, despite the size, is a smart buy too for hardcore video fans who are outside a lot.

Sep 15, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
How many people here actually have that much music?

I do, I have twice that much. Lossless files are huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back