$16.28 Shopping Spree
Nov 27, 2003 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Brohken

100+ Head-Fier
My dad gave me a gift card he was given from J&R for a return. The total on it is $16.28. I want some good headphones for the price and don't really need them so don't go more than $5 bucks over. Anyway you all probably know more about this than I do so here's the deal.

Go to www.jandr.com and pick out something close to 20 bucks.

My only choice so far is: http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.p...uct_Id=3262191

I have heard audio technica 2 times and both times it was nice so I'm assuming these are ok too... but you never know.

Thanks.

Nov 27, 2003 at 4:31 AM Post #2 of 13
Nov 27, 2003 at 4:35 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg
You want these.

Had em. They hurt my ears. I'm looking for headphones and something nice looking. Those sounded nice but are oogly.

Nov 27, 2003 at 4:48 AM Post #4 of 13
If you don't really need the headphones, why not just pick out a DVD or a couple of CDs?

The only HP under $20 that I'd want is the Koss KSC 50, or if you can go up to $25 there's the Koss SportaPro. (I don't know anything about the Audio-Technica, though)

Nov 27, 2003 at 5:04 AM Post #5 of 13
i download cds and movies so nah. dont tell the riaa... shhhh
wink.gif

well i guess i was wrong
i do need headphones. i have grados, great for home, and the shures, great for portable but i want something in between i can just grab and run out with. earbuds are great (my shures) but headphones are a bit more carefree if that makes sense. more opinions please!

Nov 27, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #6 of 13
Do a search for headphones + fungus. Otherwise, you'll probabably have to go a little higher than $16.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 27, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #7 of 13
I've just checked that vendor's site. There's nothing worthwhile in over-the-head headphones for $20 or less. You'll have to at least double or triple that budget in order to find any worthwhile headphones there.

And yeah, I've heard those particular A-T headphones that you've given the link to. They sound just as horrible as any $20 pair of craptacular closed headphones. (I'm not bashing A-T; they do make some decent high-priced "audiophile" headphones that aren't officially sold in the US - but the only headphones that A-T brings in officially to these shores are the crappy ones and their not-so-good studio line.)

Nov 28, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

i download cds and movies so nah. dont tell the riaa... shhhh

Shame, shame, shame... and you call yourself a lover of pure audio?!
biggrin.gif

But seriously, I don't see how people stand DivX movies. It's nothing like the DVD, and doesn't even start to touch a theater. I'd much rather spend the $ and get the extra enjoyment. As for music, well, on my equpiment, I can't differentate between a good --aps rip (there are some of 'em floating around on IRC if you know where to go) and the CD, so I don't care. But since I want to support the artists, and I like cover art, I treat MP3's as a sampler. If I like the music, I buy it. If I don't, I saved myself $20.

Oh, um, yeah, to get back to the subject... I'd say some NiMH AA's wouldn't be bad, like someone else suggested. Or maybe a media card for your digicam, if you're got one. You oughta be able to pickup a 16 or 32MB card. Not much, but it's something.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back