<$150 IEM for commuting
Apr 6, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #31 of 38
Ya, there is a triflange and foamies included with it.

The pod is annoying, but it isnt a "problem". I havent compared them to anything else, but compared to what people say about hte er4s the microphonics on them are much less.

I dont think Altec has ever given a straight answer about hte drivers in the im616. When I bought my 716 the price difference was only ten dollars so i didnt even consider them. Now I guess there is a reason to check them out cause they are over $30 cheaper.

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #32 of 38
I asked them and customer support said they use ER4 drivers. Although, dude who wrote me back was some german and I doubt in his english. And podectomy is very easy, did it in 5 minutes. Foamies were good but died in about a month.

Apr 6, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #33 of 38
Podectomy? What did you do to them exactly?

Ya, the foamies(like all iems) died in a few weeks, but im using my own polyurethane tips and they are more comfortable than the originals. You basically just poke a hole in the middle of an earplug, shorten it and slide it over the old rubber tube from the original foamies.

Apr 10, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #35 of 38
What are the microphonics like on the iM716? Would it be suitable for gym use? How does its microphonics compare to the ER6i and d-JAYS? (the other two models I am looking at).

Would be great if someone could compare the SQ of the three models as well...

Apr 10, 2007 at 11:41 AM Post #37 of 38
Mipro E8P+customs = 80% of sound quality ER4P
Price about 100$

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the microphonics like on the iM716? Would it be suitable for gym use? How does its microphonics compare to the ER6i and d-JAYS? (the other two models I am looking at).

Would be great if someone could compare the SQ of the three models as well...

They are quite microphonic, I don't think they can be used in the gym. As I recall, from a brief time I had er6i, those were not that microphonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back