$15 for essentially a $200 pen? i'll take one!
Apr 23, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #91 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
You're ruining the trick Earwax, questioning the design
biggrin.gif
. You have a point, but what keeps the G2 ink from drying up? Maybe if the tip is retracted in the pen, it is protected from drying up
smily_headphones1.gif
Actually, rollerballs don't need a cap, because the little ball protects most of the ink. Sure the small amount of ink on the outside of the ball may dry up, but the rest is sealed for freshness behind the ball.

Sorry fellas... A MontBlanc refill WILL dry up in a G2 body...trust me...I have left my MontBlanc sitting around with the cap off and guess what...dries up 3x as faster...just be real and get the refills for the G2 when you run out...

The G2 "Extra Fine" writes better and has better color than the MontBlanc anyway...trust me...I go through couple of these a month...TON of writing...
AND it's not what you write with but WHAT and HOW you write that matters...

Apr 24, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #92 of 119
I've been using the Rotring Core Rollerball. I really like em. Good feel, looks groovy. Everyone always thinks they're way more functional than they are though. It's just a pen.

rotring_core.jpg

Apr 24, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #93 of 119
Dog gone....double post....Jahn...what are you going to do with that $12,000 you got at the nationals....fix these double...triple posts....ugh...lol

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:31 PM Post #95 of 119
I am not a big fan of the fat pens and pencils. I can't write for crap with them. If it is a pencil, I always break the lead. It reminds me of those jumbo crayons that we had to color with as kids. I couldn't color worth a damn with those. Give me skinny any day of the week. Different strokes for different folks though.

Apr 24, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #96 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo-1
...get the 1.0mm Jetstream for $2, there's just about nothing out there that can touch the Jetstream for a nearly frictionless sensation when writing.

Does the .7mm version perform as well?

Apr 24, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #97 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by traficante

As I keep repeating myself, sounding like a broken record...it's not what you write WITH, but rather WHAT you write...

It is all a matter of preference. My Dad NEVER writes with Black ink or wears or uses anything Black for that matter (the Color black symbolizes 'death' in Korean culture). It is one of his idiosyncracies.

I have always favored rollerballs to ball point pens (I find ball points to s***, after prolonged usage) and prefer extra fine points (0.5mm to 0.7mm or 1.0mm). Also, being an accountant, I have been trained to write in pencil, write small and write neat (you know how a*** we accounts can be).

So find a pen, pencil, roller ball, fountain pen...you like and stick with it. I know tons of people who will just use whatever they can find 'coz they LOSE their writing instrument constantly...

Happy writing!

Apr 24, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #98 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by traficante

It's not bad, but not nearly as smooth as the 1.0 version of the Jetstream. But otherwise it more or less feels about as smooth as most reputable pen maker's ballpoint refills...which is to say, there's not a whole lot of difference. This is why I find ballpoints so boring...there's only so much you can do to them, at some point they all start looking and feeling the same. For me I just look for one that writes a dark enough line for black, and for blue I look for a true shade of blue, not a purple blue.

Apr 26, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #99 of 119
I did the same thing for the pen I use to take notes with. I bought some cheap yafa imperial pen that I thought looked cool and took out the inside and put in a cross gell rolling ball refill. If you like the feel of fountain pens you should definatly try cross's gel rolling ball refills. You can get a two pack for like 9-10 dollars at office max.

Apr 26, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #100 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger
Another pen I like is my Discovery Channel Massage Pen.
I bought a bunch of them for gifts when they were half price.
It's thier older version that uses an "N" cell, much easier to find and cheaper than the button cells in their current version.
The ladies in the office love it.
Regarding the capless rollerball, that's exactly the reason I bought my Lamy Swift. Back then I couldn't find a roller ball pen that didn't have a cap.

Apr 26, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #101 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
Dog gone....double post....Jahn...what are you going to do with that $12,000 you got at the nationals....fix these double...triple posts....ugh...lol

Jude, not Jahn. Remember, Jude is our benevolent dictator. Jahn is the CEO of JahnCo in India where his team of post-writers constantly write post in all hours of the day (except between 9-5, to give the illusion that Jahn is at work and not posting).

As far as my current writing utensil of choice, I like my Zebra F-301 a lot. Something about a steel pen just feels right and it writes so much better than the cheap throw-around pens. I haven't had the opportunity to write with any Mont Blancs or pens of that caliber (though I'm pretty sure that my father has a couple somewhere at home), so when I get back, I'm going to give this G2 Hack a try and check it out.

Aditya

Apr 26, 2006 at 12:07 PM Post #102 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova
I did the same thing for the pen I use to take notes with. I bought some cheap yafa imperial pen that I thought looked cool and took out the inside and put in a cross gell rolling ball refill. If you like the feel of fountain pens you should definatly try cross's gel rolling ball refills. You can get a two pack for like 9-10 dollars at office max.

Thanks for the recommendation, I may try those afterall. But it seems to be cheaper to get them directly from Cross. $6.50 for 2 and no shipping charge. Cross gel refills

Apr 26, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #103 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
Jude, not Jahn. Remember, Jude is our benevolent dictator. Jahn is the CEO of JahnCo in India where his team of post-writers constantly write post in all hours of the day (except between 9-5, to give the illusion that Jahn is at work and not posting).

Thanks for this post, Aditya; I couldn't figure out what the other poster was saying about Jahn winning $12,000 at the meet! I had previously thought Jahn won some kind of massive raffle. I confess to hoping he would spread the love...but if it was Jude, I suppose it's going for operating expenses
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back