12SR7GT Starving Student
May 19, 2009 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cms5423

100+ Head-Fier
Tuesday May 19, 2009
So the enclosure arrived from ebay yesterday, as well as the 12SR7GT (and 12SW7 as a different possible options) tubes from vacuumtubes.net

Today, the mouser order arrives, as well as my Aoyue 936 (hakko clone) soldering station
dt880smile.png
I can't wait to start this build! Just waiting for the UPS truck.

Ps. I'll post the BOM and pictures of the project as the build begins to develop a little more
Wednesday May 20, 2009
All the parts arrived except the psu, which isn't the most vital until I get everything built.
I Mapped out the build on paper, and started soldering a bit, but I think I am going to wait until I have the enclosure drilled out. Since I don't have a drill press, I am going to try to get my old high school to do the drilling for me. Hopefully they will, I'll have all the holes mapped out, they just have to drill them.

May 23, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 8
I am in philly visiting my girlfriend. I'll be back tomorrow (5/23/09) night and will post pics of my really ****ty p2p so far. I am still waiting on the holes being drilled into the case to be able to finish most of it. It's only 1/3 of the way done I guess. I need to by a DMM online too so I can test it before I fry everything haha

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #7 of 8
I would like to build the Starving Student Amp using the 12SR7GT tube instead of the 19J6.   I revised the schematic to work with the 12SR7GT.   I think it's correct, but am not sure.  Could someone please verify this?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #8 of 8
Ok just a quick follow-up here..  The circuit does work.  I built the circuit last night and all is well.  This is a good schematic for anyone using 12SR7-GT's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back